[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - New Custom Ship Page?

New Custom Ship Page?

Command a squadron of spaceships

New Custom Ship Page?

Postby Legacy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Fighter Ace's website has been down for a couple months now, due to the Geocities close, and I was wondering if he, or anyone else, would be interested in a new custom ship page?
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Bardash Blackridge » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Of course, I am interested.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft
Bardash Blackridge

Postby Legacy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Legacy

Postby Bardash Blackridge » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:39 pm

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft
Bardash Blackridge

Postby Legacy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Legacy

Postby shrike » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:46 am

shrike

Postby Fighter_Ace » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Yes, since GeoCities closed, my page is no longer functional. Of course, it had been ages since I had even updated the site, but at least it had a good many submissions. A community based submission site seems to hold a lot more value than a purely individual one. I don't know if I will be able to open another site, especially since it has been so long since I have worked with web design. I'm currently working on my Computer Science degree at American River College. Assembly programming really makes every other field of programming a lot more understandable, since it breaks down the entire architecture of the computer into fine components. Not sure how practical it is to program applications, however. LOL! But yeah, if anyone releases another design site, you can count me in!
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Legacy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Well, one thing I might be able to do(have to talk to a friend about it) is set up a PHP based site that would allow people to upload their ships on their own and post pictures of them.

If not that, then I'd be willing to take over creating a new HTML based page.

Legacy

Postby Sketchy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:41 pm

The .php site you described sounds ideal if you can pull it off.
It would probably still need some moderation now and then of course.
The biggest problem I can see is that it's hard to find a decent free webhost that allows you to use all the php/mysql features you'd need.

If anyone ever decides to go all-out on a very sophisticated website, then I have a few suggestions, but just having somewhere for people to easily upload their designs will be a big step forward :)
Sketchy

Return to Critical Mass