Rookie needs some help with CM!

Command a squadron of spaceships
Guazze

Rookie needs some help with CM!

Post by Guazze » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:31 pm

New on this forum (first post) and been playing for a time now.
First of all I just want to say I use Cheat Engine to get more money to buy ships, Yet I have to freeze it else I go minus in money. Why is that so?
Does the ships cost each 'fight'?
It's really annoying that you only have one life and for some reason I don't get better ships. I kill 0-4 enemy ships each battle and I go up in rank but I don't get better ships. The best I've gotten was Heater after 18 or 19 battles. I'm all in for cheating and isn't there a way to get better ships or be immortal or something that can make me play longer since I die kinda fast.
I've also made some superships that will prevent me from dying so often but they never show up to buy, Why not?
And what about these friends? 90 % of the time I die, Its because I get killed by friendlies. :/

Cheers.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Sorry to break it to you, but it seems all those problems you are having are actually more related to what you call 'Cheat Engine' than to the game itself. I suggest you take it to the authors of that.

Money in the game actually works quite simple: ships cost you money once, you get refunded when you return them. If they get destroyed you obviously need new ones. You get money for each mission you pass, if I remember correctly you get a bonus for medals. The ships that are available to you are random to some extend, but the important thing is that you never can buy a ship that costs more than one third of the total amount of money you have available (which is why your 'superships' probably are bound to show up after mission 381 or so).

If your wingmen bother you a lot there are a few solutions. First off, obviously, don't have wingmen, bearing the disadvantage of not having wingmen. Secondly you can use the order menu to increase formation spacing or order them to search for targets, which spreads them out the most resulting in a decrease in blue-on-blue incidents. Thirdly something that could help you a lot with the other problem, too: watch out for where people are aiming! Wingmen might not be very careful when it comes to safety ranges, but they won't blast away at you deliberately either. Also if you took the time to refine your tactics and flying technique you won't die that fast by hands of the enemy either.

Sketchy

Post by Sketchy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:44 am

You earn money as follows:

GC = 8 credits
MoOC = 4 credits
MoCB = 2 credits
MoB = 1 credit
Mission Success = 4 credits
Promotion = 20 credits

As you can see, it's pretty important to be getting Gold Crosses.
Remember - the cheaper the ship you fly, the easier it is to get the better medals.
On the early missions (when there aren't many valuable enemy ships to destroy) I spend about 75-90 credits on my own ship, and even on later missions I never spend more than 150 credits. I get *a lot* of GCs.

I don't know anything about your "cheat engine", but you could always just create an easy custom mission and play it over and over, until you have enough money.
eg. Put a load of "stranded" Warriors in an asteroid field. The AI is so bad at handling asteroids that they'll be sitting ducks, and you'll be guaranteed a Gold Cross every mission.
And yes, this definitely *is* cheating, and will probably spoil your long-term enjoyment of the game.

There's nothing you can do about allies from other squadrons, apart from give them a wide berth (esp. Eagles etc, that have Plectrons and 4 launchers).
It's probably best to give your wingmen relatively harmless ships (Drachans & Yataris; 1-2 launchers) with loads of scanners. That way they can't hurt you or steal your kills, but they're still useful.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 am

Another tip: When your ship is crippled, if you can remain in battle, do it. You will have a medal. If you see that you will not be able to go in desert zone, hyperespace. If you see missille going on you, escape.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

Guazze

Post by Guazze » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:04 am

Well Cheat Engine let's me change text/system texts in all flash games or similar. So far I've only discovered how to change the kills and money.
If you want to know more just go to cheat engine's homepage.

Well I actually have no problem with friends.. Just that they can't stop shooting me for some reason. Doesn't matter where the enemies are... The missiles they fire mostly goes for me. Same with turrets, They are the most annoying. It's not just attacking me its attacking the whole team. Well not on purpose but better AI-Brain would be nice to fire where the enemy is going and not where he is so he misses and hit somebody else.

Nah that wouldn't be fun.. I still want it to be the game with a fight but I just hate loosing, Specially when you can't "reload" to go back before you died. Now you have to start all over again.

Yeah I know how to play etc but I'm guessing that I'm just unlucky with the friendlyfire.

Thanks for all the reply's tho! Shall try to fix some things and improve my gaming.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:14 pm

No such thing as luck. Good piloting takes possible friendly fire into account.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!