[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Ejected ships should be treated as a kill

Ejected ships should be treated as a kill

Command a squadron of spaceships

Ejected ships should be treated as a kill

Postby Steve! » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:54 pm

I think it is much better if a ship you force to eject counts as your kill. I find it annoying that when I peel off an ejected ship to continue the mission a wingman will come in and steal my kill.

Some good reasons why this should be so:

1) An ejected ship will self destruct, therefore your rewarding ships wasting missiles

2) An ejected ship is a sitting duck! What sort of skill is involved in shooting a badly damaged unpiloted ship. Even civilian ships are harder to get and you get very little for them, plus you have to use more missiles to bring them down.
Steve!

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:06 am

Good point that and I'll consider that for the next update.
Sean OConnor

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:44 pm

But how do you tell who forced the ship to eject?? Whoever hit it last? Then if you try to hunt down damaged ships then they eject and you don't get the kill.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Thegreatnick » Mon May 02, 2005 8:48 am

I think the way of determining the kill is whoever triggered the eject function. I've had enemy ships eject when I'm behind them, so I think that deserves the kill.
Or is it just me?
Thegreatnick is here!
Lesser Nicks beware.
Thegreatnick

Postby Old Man Johnson » Mon May 02, 2005 6:22 pm

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby BoxZone_Author » Mon May 02, 2005 10:28 pm

Should Whomever does the most damage to a ship get the kill? :?:

I get frustrated when I've been chasing a ship, doing loads of damage to it, it ejects and then one of my wingmen cuts in front of me. I can either kill my 'mate' and get the enemy kill or hold off and watch him take it. (Sometimes I'm so anoyed if I've worn down a big enemy for some time I do kill them both)!
BoxZone_Author

Postby Old Man Johnson » Tue May 03, 2005 5:58 pm

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Return to Critical Mass