Hold fire feature

Command a squadron of spaceships
McLauren

Hold fire feature

Post by McLauren » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:45 pm

Dont you hate when you manage to get into a situation where you are going to pass between one of your ships and an enemy ship that running from it? You are not in your wingman's firing arc yet, but you know you will be hit by the missiles the next turn. Too bad you cant tell them to hold thier fire for the next turn. After all, you do that for them when they get into that situation. Its frustrating but you do it. Well at least I do. Would it be so bad to be able to tell a ship to hold thier fire?

Of course, knowing me, I must expand it a little bit. Why not have something like a personal order drop down list? You could simply click on the picture of the wingman you wish to give personal orders to and choose a personal order, which could include things like hold fire, break, hyperspace, eject, and attack orders. The attack orders could bring up another menu to the side where you can choose what you want that wingman to attack by simply checking the options. For instance you could uncheck fortifications and civilians, and stations, and leave warships checked and that ship will only attack warships, or vice versa.

But if you dont feel like doing all that, can we still at LEAST have the hold fire command?

Steve!

Post by Steve! » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:05 pm

I like the idea of greater control over your wingmen, currently they just serve to annoy and soak up enemy missiles.

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Re: Hold fire feature

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:44 am

I would also like to see the ability to click on a ship and tell IT to protect a certain object or attack a certain object.
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:39 pm

Yeah! How about an order "Don't shoot me up the ass!"
My wingmen seem to be VERY BAD at doing that.
I've taken to trying to arm them all with Drachan missiles but they seem to still manage to shoot me :(

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:51 am

BoxZone_Author wrote:Yeah! How about an order "Don't shoot me up the ass!"
My wingmen seem to be VERY BAD at doing that.
I've taken to trying to arm them all with Drachan missiles but they seem to still manage to shoot me :(

Heh heh! I know how you feel! :shock:
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

McLauren

Post by McLauren » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:47 am

Earlier today I was destroyed by one of my wingmen, flying a cruiser. I was chasing a wisp I think it was, and I crippled it and it was trying to HS, but he slammed the brakes for some reason and I hit him in the arse. Then I decided to blow him away with one plectron. Next turn, he blew up, but I found that my wingman blindly fired a plectron and a yatari at the thing. However, the only thing that was left there was me, going really slow. My ship only had one sheild on the sides, which is where they are coming from, not to mention that I had lost that puny little sheild earlier in the battle. I could see that my ship was going to drift into the plectron, or I could slam the brakes and get hit by the yatari, either way I lose. So I decided to eject. My ship promptly exploded as the plectron missed by EP by like 2 millimeters, then BAM! Apparently my escape pod rocketed right into the path of the dumb yatari, and that was that. :roll: Oh if only I could have told him to hold his fire. As if fighting the enemy isnt hard enough...

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:49 am

It seems your winmates current purpose is to

1. Detect enemies (very useful, actually)
2. Extra missiles (comes in handy sometimes)
3. Take fire (good if they have a good ship, otherwise they
4. Die (a lot)
5. Shoot you a lot (annoying)
My webcomic:

Admiral Slim

Post by Admiral Slim » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:12 am

6. Collide with asteroids (also annoying)
7. Attack targets that are NOT important
8. Make impossible shots at the enemy (which results in #5, above)
9. Collide with you a lot (again, annoying)
10. Provide suppressing fire, especially if your in the way (again, see #5 above)
Happy is that city which in times of peace thinks of war!