need more missiles

Command a squadron of spaceships
youdontseeme

need more missiles

Post by youdontseeme » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:50 am

After reaching high mission #'s and starting to play very elaborate custom designed missions, i frequently find the number of missiles allowed to be insufficient. Is there a way, whether "legit" or not, to get around the capacity of missiles each ship can carry? sometimes i kill as many as 16 enemy ships that is at least 150 credits, and am unable to go on to complete the mission because i run out of ammo and my wing men wasted all their missiles on non-objective targets...

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 pm

unfortunaly, there is actually no way to increase the number of missille. the only tip I can give you is, go to your objective. Ask your wingmen to stay in formation, find the objective, destroy it and then try to kill many ennemy
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

davidbofinger

Post by davidbofinger » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:09 am

It would be an interesting extension to have expendable missile packs - basically, shiplike objects you can buy and strap onto another ship for the duration of a mission. So if you knew there were lots of bad guys you could carry extra dogfighting missiles, and if you knew there were lots of damage-tolerant static targets you could load up with slow low-manoeuvrability high-megatonnage weapons. I guess you could also have sensor pods or ECM pods.

It would be a way to create greater variety in the ships available, without having to actually create lots of other ships.

But if i was trying to get Sean to make changes that probably wouldn't be the top priority.

Conzul

Post by Conzul » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:23 am

Well to hack the game you'll need a debugger / dissassembler program, and some basic knowledge of what you're doing. I myself used a program called ollydebug to hack the shields-per-side-limit from eight to 12.
Beware pirates bearing gifts!

priscilbrooks

Post by priscilbrooks » Mon May 23, 2011 4:03 am

Conzul wrote:Well to hack the game you'll need a debugger / dissassembler program, and some basic knowledge of what you're doing. I myself used a program called ollydebug to hack the shields-per-side-limit from eight to 12.

Wow that's cool. I wish I knew how. That would make the game easier. If your kids like pets, then you can try FurReal Friends Cookie.
I never let any of my sons beat me at videogames.

nikkil

Re:

Post by nikkil » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Conzul wrote:Well to hack the game you'll need a debugger / dissassembler program, and some basic knowledge of what you're doing. I myself used a program called ollydebug to hack the shields-per-side-limit from eight to 12.

Really nice. Did you try to check the code for this game yet?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image

Sketchy

Re: need more missiles

Post by Sketchy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 pm

The missile limit is part of the challenge - without it, the game would be far too easy.
You need to switch to using Plectrons as your main armament (which will require that you learn to aim), as they pack a far greater punch than other missiles, and design some better ships for your wingmen to fly - with more missiles and/or fewer launchers, heavier armour, etc