More Helpful Download ships page

Command a squadron of spaceships
Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:30 pm

Legacy wrote:My guess is that he uses the ship select screen and has a commander with the cash to afford the ships he makes. The screenshot pics show a different interface style than in the editor.

Yeah, but wouldn't that mean he would have to (1) take a screen shot (2) paste it in paint and very carefully cut it out (3) take a screen shot of the inventory window on the right in the ship design (4) carefully cut that out to fit (5) paste his perfect 90? ship into the inventory shot and finally (6) put it up on his site! Ouch man! That would be hell and back one-hundred times :shock: !!!!!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:10 am

Well, you could just require that submitted ship designs must come with a *perfect* picture. :twisted:
My webcomic:

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:16 am

Old Man Johnson wrote:Well, you could just require that submitted ship designs must come with a *perfect* picture. :twisted:

LMAOImage! *catches breath* Oh man, that was rich!

... though that would be a good way to scare off submittersImage.

-EDIT-

My design site is almost done!

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:30 pm

Legacy wrote:My guess is that he uses the ship select screen and has a commander with the cash to afford the ships he makes. The screenshot pics show a different interface style than in the editor.

Correct, this is exactly what I do. I never post a ship until I've flown it (or had it as a wingman) anyway. Thats why you don't often see my 267 or 300 credit designs :)
Fighter_Ace wrote:Yeah, but wouldn't that mean he would have to (1) take a screen shot (2) paste it in paint and very carefully cut it out (3) take a screen shot of the inventory window on the right in the ship design (4) carefully cut that out to fit (5) paste his perfect 90? ship into the inventory shot and finally (6) put it up on his site! Ouch man! That would be hell and back one-hundred times :shock: !!!!!

It's actually not that bad. Once you've done it once you can paste the new ships into a template (of the previous one, being careful to rename it first so you don't overrite it).

BZA.

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:41 am

Old Man Johnson wrote:Hey Fighter_Ace, are you still going to accept design by e-mail? Because I have plenty I could send.

Yes! Now the site is fully functional and is located at:

:idea: http://www.geocities.com/fighter_ace_bo ... _share.htm :idea:

P.S. Please close AD window and maximize browser window for best viewing!

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:27 am

What's your e-mail address again? I couldn't find it. I can't remember if you told us or not or if I wrote one down somewhere or something.
My webcomic:

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:28 pm

Fighter Ace.

You got a LOT of ships posted up very quickly!

I've a few comments....
I see you keep all the missiles in order, A row of one then a row of the next. You will see that I don't do this. Do you know the advantage of doing it the way I do? I'll leave you a few days before I explain :wink:

Your Zacher is insanely cloaked :D I thought my Suspicion was bad !

I can't believe you have a 190 credit ship (your Quencher) that has empty slots! Surely no ship over about 140 credits should not make full use of all the available slots?

-=- -=-

I've added a few ships to my own site at
http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/OtherGames/CriticalMass/Critical_Mass.htm
EyePod: 45 Credit wingman, with dual scanners front and sides (which is quite a lot for a <50 credit ship)
Alannah: 120 Credit Bomber for the early missions, very similar to the Yarel
Feltesey: 171 Credit ship. Very Asymmetric scanner ship intended as a wingman but I've flown it myself a lot, you need to adopt a strategy of almost crabbing to make use of the strong scanner side.
FlashRocket: 179 Credit ship. If you like the Liberator, you'll like the FlashRocket.

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:00 am

Old Man Johnson wrote:What's your e-mail address again? I couldn't find it. I can't remember if you told us or not or if I wrote one down somewhere or something.

Click the email button under my signature... you know, where the YIM and AIM buttons are.

BoxZone_Author wrote:Fighter Ace.

I've a few comments....
I see you keep all the missiles in order, A row of one then a row of the next. You will see that I don't do this. Do you know the advantage of doing it the way I do? I'll leave you a few days before I explain :wink:

Your Zacher is insanely cloaked :D I thought my Suspicion was bad !

I can't believe you have a 190 credit ship (your Quencher) that has empty slots! Surely no ship over about 140 credits should not make full use of all the available slots?

-=- -=-

I've added a few ships to my own site at
http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/OtherGames/CriticalMass/Critical_Mass.htm
EyePod: 45 Credit wingman, with dual scanners front and sides (which is quite a lot for a <50 credit ship)
Alannah: 120 Credit Bomber for the early missions, very similar to the Yarel
Feltesey: 171 Credit ship. Very Asymmetric scanner ship intended as a wingman but I've flown it myself a lot, you need to adopt a strategy of almost crabbing to make use of the strong scanner side.
FlashRocket: 179 Credit ship. If you like the Liberator, you'll like the FlashRocket.

You have a very neat ship collection, man! Purely awesome sight to see! Any I am dying to know why your missiles are so unorganized :lol: ! I also noticed you seem to put a lot of time and effort into your designs. Pure coolness!

If anyone was even wondering where my cheap definitions of the ship are, just mouse-over them.

...and feel free to change my ships however you want once you download them. Some of the time I didn't know what I was doing! Heh heh!

@ BZA: Man oh man is this ship uploading stuff tiring or what!

-EDIT-

Page updated!

Also, is it ok if I link to you, BZA?

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:12 pm

I am dying to know why your missiles are so unorganized
I'll explain some other night, it's probably better with a few examples which I should prepair.

If anyone was even wondering where my cheap definitions of the ship are, just mouse-over them.
I don't follow ... When I put my mouse over the names or pictrues of your ships I get nothing :!:

BZA: Man oh man is this ship uploading stuff tiring or what!
:) Yes it is, I still haven't all mine up.

Also, is it ok if I link to you, BZA?
Please do. I should link to you too.

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:54 pm

I've a few comments....

have you found a bug?

does it have to do with turning radius-weight balance?

it could'nt be firing as you can click any number of missles
per firing ports...that i've seen so far...IE if you have
3 ports and 3 kinds of M...you can fire 1 of each..right?
if you run..you'll only die tired

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:56 pm

I can't think of any reason to switch your missiles around...convenience, maybe?
My webcomic:

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:15 am

I don't follow ... When I put my mouse over the names or pictrues of your ships I get nothing :!:

Oh, forgot to mention, they are "ALT" tags. So mouse over and wait for about three seconds!

-EDIT-

Ok, site has been updated with a link and new ship! http://www.geocities.com/fighter_ace_bo ... _share.htm

Man, that all-star needs some more stuff to earn its title :P ! Got a bit hasty to upload it.

One more thing! I absolutely hate that freaking AD! Anyone know of a great AD free web service?

-EDIT- -EDIT-

Alright! New ships by sid6.7 posted on the site. Check it out!

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:40 pm

sid6.7 wrote:
I've a few comments....

have you found a bug?

does it have to do with turning radius-weight balance?

it could'nt be firing as you can click any number of missles
per firing ports...that i've seen so far...IE if you have
3 ports and 3 kinds of M...you can fire 1 of each..right?

It's not a bug.
But there is a tactical advantage to doing it my way, that is related to firing (well it would be since it has to do with missiles).

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:00 am

hmm interesting...ive view all your configs
and you just about have everyone possible
for how you stack your missles...

so it is probably how your placing your ships
in your wedge for how you want your missles fire?....

if not are you gonna tell us your secret? or leave us
hanging?

BTW
have you finished the whole game to the end?
is there an end?
if you run..you'll only die tired

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:05 am

I don't think there is a end, actually.

Anyway, I have to agree, why arn't you telling us the secret?