More Helpful Download ships page

Command a squadron of spaceships
BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:23 pm

why arn't you telling us the secret?

I'm busy! Only popped on-line to check my email.

I think it would be better explained with a few examples and I'm not in the mood right now to take 30 minutes to capture a load of screen shots to show my point. You'll just have to wait!

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:36 am

Quite understandable, BZA. Never thought it would be that difficult to explain!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:39 pm

Never thought it would be that difficult to explain!

It's not that difficult, I had just imagined doing the explanation with a few examples, however I'm away for the next few days and I won't have time ti do the long version before I go so here goes the short explanation!

When you select multiple missiles of different types to fire in a single turn, missiles are not fired in the order they are selected, they are fired as they are found in a search Left to right on the top row, left to right on the middle and L->R on the bottom.

Thus if your top row is all type A, middle type B and bottom type C you can not fire a C followed by an A.

If you arrange missiles as I do, you can almost always fire any combination you want in any order (ACA, BAC or whatever).

I hope you followed that. :)

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:23 am

Oh...really?? Wow...that is sure a good reason to do it. I need to do that! I always get frustrated when my missiles don't fire in order! I just assumed that some missles fire before others (which is the case when using the built-in ships because all their missiles are clumped together).
My webcomic:

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:43 am

wow...just tried that and thats the way it is...very interesting
sean has all the built-ins the opposite of that...very crafty deception
sean!!! LOL...

sometimes though it appears most missles will
zip by a yatari even though it may come out
first in the first 6 pixels or so...i dont know what
that means..but i noticed it...

so if your a yatari freak you might want to have
1 set of something else just incase...
if you run..you'll only die tired

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:00 am

BoxZone_Author wrote:I hope you followed that. :)

:lol: cool man! That was a perfect explanation! Heh, now I see.

But, whatever the case, I think I like order in my compartments over that. Heh, I can be such an order freak! (When I play Sim City, Army Men RTS, or something like Civ 3... heck, even in my own room, I love everything to look just right!) I like the feeling of free space and air flow through my head. It can be a pain, but that's just something I'll have to deal with :wink: . My point? I think I'll keep my missile arrangements. Feel free to change anything you like when you download my ships, though :) !

sid6.7 wrote:...so if your a yatari freak...

Yup! Totally man! Heh, even to the point of too much sometimes :P !

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:30 pm

But, whatever the case, I think I like order in my compartments over that.

Well, you could still arrange your missiles in neat columns rather than rows and have nearly as much order and nearly as much firing order choice.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:27 pm

Some New ships.

Lynyl 139 Credits. A dog-fighter
Heavy Hunter 147 Credits. A bomber at heart but still respectable against other ships.
Assistant 161 Credits. Intended as a high scanner wingman (but still worth flying as your own ship) the Assistant has a full compliment of missiles (unusual for such an inexpensive ship).
Typhoon 166 Credits. Good Speed and manoeuvrability, the Typhoon still has respectable repair and cloaking.

http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/Othe ... l_Mass.htm

Quorad

Post by Quorad » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:26 pm

You use those ships? I use a waay better one. I use 4 different kinds I designed. All are like bosses if this was a game that had a boss level. So you can only imagine how powerful they are. One is heavily cloaked so you can even bump into an enemy ship and they will not even react. One is of similar design but has stronger shields and is more of a fighter with bomber weapons for maximum devestation. One is of super skills that have 2 different kinds of missles: genees, and yataris. 2 lines of genees, one line of yataris. loads of shields and some stealth. But very fast and can zoom. I own the battlefield by myself without wingmen. And the last is of similar design, but no stealth. but makes up for it in brute force. Can take 6 plectrons to a side and still kill you back. 2 repair bots if you ever get past its maxed out level 2 shields.
All are seriously frightening to the enemy. I have seen ships eject when on my scanners when not even damaged. I did see 3 eject all at once when I didn't even fire.
I killed soo many enemies. I turned the tide of war with one ship.
日本語がわかる。

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:01 am

You use those ships? I use a waay better one
Everyone needs weak and medium ships until they can afford the expensive ones.

One is heavily cloaked so you can even bump into an enemy ship and they will not even react.
If you check the way cloaking works you will find that you are mistaken on this assumption. No amount of cloaking will stop a ship seeing you if you actually bump it.

Please send me your Roll Of Honour, I will post your best commander on my high score table.

BZA.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:21 am

Uh, maxing out Super Shields is nice, but kinda makes you unwieldy. I had this problem with my "tank" ship. I got out manuevered by Eagles. :(
My webcomic:

Quorad

Post by Quorad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:02 pm

Not I for manuverability. I have 66 turn and 43 thrust. With maxed out super shields.
And to the cloaking; I meant that they didn't react when I bumped into them. And I can get soo close to them and they won't even fire. Like an inch, head-on.
日本語がわかる。

Son Johan

Post by Son Johan » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:18 am

The survivabubble is great...
I duplicated the big one and added another 10 Yatari... Same speed & turn as the big one, better for attacks...
*sigh* Humans...

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:32 am

As of right now, my design site is temporarily dis-continued. You can still download ships if you want though. As you see, I recently restored my computer due to issues it was having :? . Problem? I lost ALL my designs. I had edited quite a few and made them VERY snazzy looking and WAY more advanced :x . Oh well, now I guess my mind can come up with some new ones :lol: .

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:39 am

bummer dude..i have all your ships backuped on my HD
if you need them email me...
if you run..you'll only die tired