[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Radar and Stealth modules - a useful table

Radar and Stealth modules - a useful table

Command a squadron of spaceships

Radar and Stealth modules - a useful table

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:01 pm

Sean was kind enough to tell us the formula for working out visible range based on number of Radars and Cloaks.
I have created a table which shows you how far away you can see (or be seen) at
BoxZone_Author

Postby Steve! » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:26 pm

How can you have 12 stealth? Does it count from multiple sides?
Steve!

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:31 pm

Yes. Radar only work on that side but it's the TOTAL stealth that a ship has that counts.
BoxZone_Author

Postby Steve! » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:34 pm

Wow! Didnt know that, There was me ramming 4 stealth pods on each side to make my ships super stealthy.

Now i know thats just a tad overkill! :)

I'd given up on stealth ships at this stage in the game, but now i may reconsider....
Steve!

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:04 am

That's a great table - I'll put that in the help file!
Sean OConnor

Postby Styro » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:22 pm

Styro

Postby Steve! » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:36 pm

Steve!

Postby BoxZone_Author » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:01 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby McLauren » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:04 am

Yea but that doesnt happen for the AI. The AI can see and follow you where as your radar guesses where the AI may have went based on thier last known course and speed. Often times I get in a situation during an attack mission where during the fray, a civilian or two have slipped away. They show up as a question mark as you said, but my wingmen knew exactly where it was. It was often going in a completely opposite direction form what the question mark suggested. I would have never found had my wingmen not led me to it.
McLauren

Postby Sean OConnor » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:12 am

Sean OConnor

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:11 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:50 pm

It never fails. Every time there's only question marks left, my allies systematically hunt them down. Even if the question mark is diametricfally oppisite the actual ship, they just go directly to the spot. I once had my Dread with all it's sensors destroyed and it still found the coloniser because one of my other allies had spotted it already...
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Admiral Slim » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:36 am

Happy is that city which in times of peace thinks of war!
Admiral Slim

Return to Critical Mass