Quick Questions

Command a squadron of spaceships
wilson356725

Quick Questions

Post by wilson356725 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:22 am

finally bought Critical mass a couple of days ago got a couple of questions...

If an enemy pilot bails out after you've shot it a couple of times do you have to finish it off to get the kill or can you leave it alone and still get it?

how much radar should you put into your custom ships?
how much stealth does a ship need to be "Stealthy"?
(i make my custom ships to be 80, 116 or 150pts)

how many packs of missiles do you put in to your ships?
i usually put on 2 packs of 5 missiles per launcher.
usually that gives me 30 missiles per mission but i always seem to run out.
am i being too stingy with the missiles, or do i need to have better fire discipline ?
So you send your men. They won't find themselves a fight. They'll only find an old man. An old man tired, but satisfied he did his duty.
An old man weary from a mind more filled with memory, than it is with hope.

the space predator

Re: Quick Questions

Post by the space predator » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:23 am

wilson356725 wrote:If an enemy pilot bails out after you've shot it a couple of times do you have to finish it off to get the kill or can you leave it alone and still get it?

you need to finish it, of course!
wilson356725 wrote:how much radar should you put into your custom ships?

It depend of what you wan't, but two in the front is the minimum
wilson356725 wrote:how much stealth does a ship need to be "Stealthy"?

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/forums/vi ... php?t=2326
[quote="wilson356725"]
how many packs of missiles do you put in to your ships?
the more I have, the better it is. But I usually start whit 4-5 package of missile. Later, after some few mission, I have enough credit to buy more expensive ship whit more missile
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:50 am

I have disagree with the space predator: you don't have to finish of spent birds to be credited for them. They will self-destruct about after a while and whoever fired the last missile to hit the hull is given credit. In other words: if someone else fires at the wreck, they can steal your kill.

As for ship design: I suggest you just play around with some of the different default ship classes and you'll learn the ropes pretty quickly. It depends on your preferred tactics whether you would want to go for high turn, high acceleration, lots of stealth or many radars. It's best to first think about what your design should accomplish, for example, are you going to design a fighter bomber to knock out static structures, then you will need a lot of high-yield missiles.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:35 pm

TheKangaroo wrote:I have disagree with the space predator: you don't have to finish of spent birds to be credited for them. They will self-destruct about after a while and whoever fired the last missile to hit the hull is given credit. In other words: if someone else fires at the wreck, they can steal your kill.

mmm I'm not sure, I remember a mission where my only "kill" was an escaped ennemy. Nobody touch him and at the end of the batlle, zero were credited to me
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:00 pm

the space predator wrote:mmm I'm not sure, I remember a mission where my only "kill" was an escaped ennemy. Nobody touch him and at the end of the batlle, zero were credited to me

Did the hulk explode before the mission ended? Missions can end with inactive ships still around in which case you are not being credited. Also stray missiles from your wingmen, allied squadrons or enemies of course get somebody else credited.

Conzul

Post by Conzul » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 am

Yeah just make sure that you're the last one to have hit the abandoned ship, and when it self destructs a few turns later, you'll get the kill credit. You can actually use this tactic to get an insane number of kills per mission.
Beware pirates bearing gifts!

dwest780

Post by dwest780 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:59 pm

lots of helpful tips. thank you

nikkil

Post by nikkil » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi. is anyone still playing this game?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image

Son Johan

Post by Son Johan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm not playing it right now, but I still now all the rules of it.
*sigh* Humans...