[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Hey Sean

Hey Sean

Command a squadron of spaceships

Hey Sean

Postby shadowman13131 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:20 am

Hey,
I thought you might be interested in knowing that your game here's sort of inspired (Not sort of; it has inspired) a game I started making about a year ago... I liked the fundamentals of Critical Mass so much that I decided I wanted to start a game with similiar mechanics. Just thought you may like to check it out (It takes a slightly better gfx card than crit mass though, it's OGL). .
Walt
shadowman13131

Credit where it's due

Postby Tris » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:33 pm

That looks like a really cool game - I'll download it asap.

As I'm going to get your game because I read about it on Sean's site, you could place a link back to Sean's site from yours, to encourage people to try the windows games?
Tris

Re: Credit where it's due

Postby shadowman13131 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:55 pm

shadowman13131

Postby BoxZone_Author » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:18 pm

I had a look at the website but didn't download the game. There are a couple of things I need to know before I do that.

1] How big is the download (If I'm on a Modem this matters)
2] What type of machine is it for (WinDoze, Max, Unix)
3] What does it need in terms of CPU speed, memory, graphics card.

You should also put dates in dd-mmm-yyyy format rather than dd-mm as it's not universally recognisable as a date (and the year becomes out of date sooner than you think).
BoxZone_Author

Postby shadowman13131 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:44 am

Rightyo, there's the link.

The download's 2.46 Megs, and as for CPU i'd say around 1.5 ghz to run nicely, 32 meg gfx card at least. And it's for windows, I haven't tried it on any other platform.

Involving the dates right now they're actually mm-dd. But i'll start putting them dd-mm-yyyy I s'pose.

Edit: And another note about that change log, I don't update that nearly as often as the game.. Which is mostly because I put in an auto-update feature awhile ago, so connecting to the lobby usually entails downloading an update. Unforunately i must say it's only up between around 3 and 10 dependably for Pacific Time (GMT-08) as a result of running it off my comp.
Last edited by shadowman13131 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowman13131

Recommended

Postby Tris » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:40 am

I got this game (v0.5) and I recommend it to all Critical Mass fans. It's less polished than Critical Mass, and doesn't have a career mode as such, but you can control more than one ship, tiem your shots, play against other people, and have a wide array of options/weapons (shotguns, anyone?)

It isn't well documented at the moment, but any Critical Mass Aces should be able to work it out.
Tris

Postby shadowman13131 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:32 am

shadowman13131

Postby supercubedude » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:34 pm

That game's sweet! I really like that neat-o thing that pops uo when you move the ship.
Don't worry! I can replace your intestines with this kitten!
supercubedude

Return to Critical Mass