[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - 1.0's Roll of Honour??

1.0's Roll of Honour??

Command a squadron of spaceships

1.0's Roll of Honour??

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:55 am

Is it just me or does it have infinite spaces? If so, this would be a nice thing to have on 4.0, instead of having to get, like, a thousand medals to get on.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby OrigamiGuy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:04 am

The Roll of Honour actually HAS infinite slots in 4.0, but it only shows the best few. From what I can gather, the roll of honor is the file used to calculate whether the pilot you're restoring is already dead, to prevent cheating, so a pilot is added to the RoH every time you die, no matter what.
"Stupid people exist to give smart people something fun to do." ~Me
"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me
OrigamiGuy

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:51 am

Actually the game only remembers the top 30 commanders and displays as many of them as will fit on your screen. I'll add a way of scrolling through them in the next version and I'll increase the number to something like 100. It's always a pain to make the number infinte and I tend to be lazy and set a maximum.

I can't remember what the maximum was in the older version but there's no way I would have put the effort in to make it infinite in those days!
Sean OConnor

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:06 am

I've got 18 right now, so maybe it would be like 20 or 25. Or maybe it's 30 like it is now, it just shows them all.

And about how it shows as many as will fit on the screen, if you had say, 320X240 resolution, it would show, like, 2 people?
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby OrigamiGuy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:14 pm

That would suck. I switched to 1280x1024 a while back, and now I can't stand anything less. Hard to believe that most games were written for 320x240, back in the day.
"Stupid people exist to give smart people something fun to do." ~Me
"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me
OrigamiGuy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:24 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Return to Critical Mass