[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Choosing a race

Choosing a race

Command a squadron of spaceships

Choosing a race

Postby Scuffer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:17 pm

Although different races have different ships, and we all have our favourites, I will always pick Merikon or Ryckurn.

The reason is that as you get further in the game (currently on mission #99), you face bigger and better AI ships, but they'll never use your own designs. If you go M or R, you'll only face Warriors every one in three mission, and you can have them for wingmen. The other 2, you'll be up against much less powerful ships.

Go Zyan or Stralian, and you'll face warriors twice as often, and you can't have them as wingmen either.
________
Last edited by Scuffer on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scuffer

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:32 am

Technically, you could design a ship that is identical to the Warrior...

But anyway, mostly I like custom ships for my wingmen anyway, but what you said is true about facing Warriors more often. However, once you learn how to deal with them they become simply annoying and not as deadly. I actually looked forward to them because it meant I had a shot at a Medal of Outstanding Courage or a Gold Cross (extremely rare at that point, I like had to destroy 3 Eagles, 2 Barbarians, a Warrior, and a Hornet to do it...).
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:03 am

I think that the Raiders (Heathan through Warrior), though good ships, are not the ones that suit my style. I would in the full version use the Zyan and Rycurn Fear through Nightmare models, albeit with upgraded rear engines and some of the Daycorns replaced with Oriks and more Dragons. This means that while I will only play Rycurn or Merikon, I will also only play Rycurn or Zyan, hence only Rycurn, at least for the first few games with the full version. The Warrior is only, in any case, a rough equivalent to the Shark, as otherwise the game would be imbalanced, and Sean wouldn't do that (would you, Sean?).
Wing Commander Skywalker
Skywalker

Postby Quitch » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:57 pm

Heh, guess you didn't play 3.0 with only two out of Lord knows how many squads being useful :)
Quitch

Postby Skywalker » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:08 am

That is not a problem if the two squads have, for example, race choices of R&M and S&Z, only using the first letters of the name. If all races get the same number of these squads available to them, then it is even.
Wing Commander Skywalker
Skywalker

Return to Critical Mass