Make wingmates more valuable

Command a squadron of spaceships
Old Man Johnson

Make wingmates more valuable

Post by Old Man Johnson » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:22 pm

Currently it matters not whther your wingmates die or not. There should be some incentive to keep them alive, like they gain experience and get better or something.
My webcomic:

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:28 pm

Keep wingmates alive
:!:
I rarely end a battle with any alive.
They die like flies, I do my best not to shoot them myself (when they get infront of me) but beyond that there is little I can do!
If Sean permitted us to assign the 'fleet orders' to each ship in the fleet individually then there would be a slim chance.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:23 pm

That's a good idea too. But at least it gives you some incentive to try to save them. As it is, if things are looking bad I just stick myself in an asteroid field nad let them get killed.
My webcomic:

OrigamiGuy

Post by OrigamiGuy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:40 am

Keeping your wingmates alive isn't too difficult. I have a wingman right now that's a veteran of over 25 battles. Configure your mates correctly, and they'll even keep each other alive. I usually find that ships from the same class behave the best together, since the computer AI flies them with similar flying styles.
"Stupid people exist to give smart people something fun to do." ~Me
"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:39 am

Yeah, I'm still adjusting to the full version, and I use light custom ships that can turn on a dime, haul tail, and deliver a pretty large amount of damage, but have absolutely no armor, save just a piece in front, since my ships can cover the other three sides with their agility. Even using this strategy, I have one wingman t hat has lasted as long as my commander has. Sadly, that all ended in a starbase assault, where I tried to be a hero and take on the world, finding myself surrounded by missiles from all directions, and ejecting was suicide, so I tried to take at least a couple more with me...

Anyway, my whole team died on that mission, and so did I, with one wingman having lasted the duration.