[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - AI should prioritise

AI should prioritise

Command a squadron of spaceships

AI should prioritise

Postby Steve! » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:52 pm

2/3 of my wing decided to devote all its energy to tracking down and destroying an ejected watcher, that I'd forced to eject, meanwhile the convoy, we where supposed to be protecting was destroyed.

Its quite pathetic to watch two, immensely powerful and heavily armoured battle cruisers spend their time chasing an ejected watcher each firing 4 daycorns (even though i'd given them yatari's), while letting the remaining enemies blast up the convoy they are supposed to be protecting!

Personally I think chasing ejected ships is crazy anyway (as they self destruct) but even more so when your objective is under attack. I'd like to see the AI programmed to realise this too!
Steve!

Postby Thegreatnick » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:37 pm

Also, if we are discussing AI, I find that if I have missiles on me, espicially the little yellow ones, that if right conering won't do it, sometimes outpacing them will until they run out of fuel, and then swooping out the way. I tihnk maybe you should/could program in more ways of escaping missiles.
Thegreatnick is here!
Lesser Nicks beware.
Thegreatnick

Postby Steve! » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:09 pm

Not quite sure what that has to do with AI.... :?
Steve!

Postby Old Man Johnson » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:22 pm

I suppose it would be missile AI? I don't know. Anyway, I also have a problem with the Fuel Depot missions, where the AI wastes all their missiles missing the enemy squadron or blowing up civilians and I end up failing the mission because we all run out of missiles. Ugh.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby cavemaniac1 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:47 pm

The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby Thegreatnick » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am

To reitaerate on my above posts, I think what the AI at the moment does when being locked on by a little yellow in to slow down and turna s sharply as possible. As this might not work, I think possibly the AI should check the fuel and if it's <10 then it should go faster and then move out of the way once the fuel has gone, and thus the steering.
Thegreatnick is here!
Lesser Nicks beware.
Thegreatnick

Postby Steve! » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:45 pm

It always seems to me that the enemey warriors can often out turn a daycorn, even though given a pretty similar situation, my ship, with a far superior turn of 76, often can't.

Probably something to do with range etc. Up close daycorns tend to miss, I tend to be right behind an enemy as my ship takes ages to slow down.
Steve!

Postby cavemaniac1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:09 pm

The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby Legacy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:31 pm

Legacy

Postby Fighter_Ace » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:37 pm

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Return to Critical Mass