[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Little Red Dots

Little Red Dots

Command a squadron of spaceships

Little Red Dots

Postby cavemaniac1 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:42 am

Now here's a random little request.

Perhaps it's my failing eyesight, but I have a tremendous amount of difficulty telling apart green and blue ships on the radar screen.

I know the races are colour coded, but as we never meet more than one race at a time, couldn't friendlies be shown as green and enemies as red dots?

Just thought it might make the screen a little clearer... This system seems to be used effectivly in many other games I've played.
The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby Steve! » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:35 pm

Steve!

Postby Styro » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:30 pm

Styro

Postby Old Man Johnson » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:23 pm

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Steve! » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:32 pm

Steve!

Postby Legacy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:28 pm

Legacy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:53 pm

Well, not necessarily completely black, but pretty close. Besides, if your ship is black, it's hard for the enemies to see it. Well, it would be if they weren't computer AI.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby BoxZone_Author » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:29 pm

I too struggle sometimes with the Cyan and Green '+' on radar. Especially on the 'defend the ...' missions where it turns out that an enemy has slipped past my fleet and is ripping the guts out of whatever I was supposed to defend. By the time I notice the decrease in little Green '+' and then get there it's usually too late...

I think this is only a problem on the Radar and only with Cyan/Green. Even making the good guys a '+' and the bad guys a 'X' might help but an option for RED rather than race colour would be a big help. In a three way do you care who someone else is? If it's not green ... kill it.
BoxZone_Author

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:37 pm

3 way battles would be pretty cool. Things would get very hectic very fast.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby cavemaniac1 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:24 am

The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby Steve! » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:03 pm

Steve!

Postby Styro » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:51 pm

Styro

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:13 am

I think that red dots is not quite such a good idea: A fellow student in my mathematics class can't discern red and green.
Wing Commander Skywalker
Skywalker

Postby qwas » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:57 am

It could be optional.

---- BoxZone_Author Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:29 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too struggle sometimes with the Cyan and Green '+' on radar. Especially on the 'defend the ...' missions where it turns out that an enemy has slipped past my fleet and is ripping the guts out of whatever I was supposed to defend. By the time I notice the decrease in little Green '+' and then get there it's usually too late...

I think this is only a problem on the Radar and only with Cyan/Green. Even making the good guys a '+' and the bad guys a 'X' might help but an option for RED rather than race colour would be a big help. In a three way do you care who someone else is? If it's not green ... kill it. ----

Maybe not in this game, but once in RoN i tried the optional Red/Green, and it was difficult to trade with allies and tell nations apart, this is a completely different sytem and I cant say the enemy race by the colour without going to new game, selecting the race, and starting a new game!!
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:51 am

I am not suggesting that the red dots should not be used, but that the red colour should not be forced, in the same way that you are forced to play as the green player in the demo. I was suggesting that either the colour should not be red or that the colour should be red as default but changeable.

PS I agree with the maniac on the issue of multiple combat. The idea is to make yourself as hard to find as possible, so that the opponents kill each other first. After they kill each other, you can easily mop up the crippled vessel. It works in Ploy that way, though I do not even know the shape of the board for four players. It is one of the most basic tactical principles of three or more player conflict.
Wing Commander Skywalker
Skywalker

Next

Return to Critical Mass