The latest version is 4.0

Command a squadron of spaceships
BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:55 pm

Zephyr wrote:
BoxZone_Author wrote:Bots beyond four do not repair.

:shock: Is this a fact or a speculation?

I believe Sean has stated it before somewhere on this forum (when repair bots were debated in length)

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Thu May 25, 2006 6:42 pm

The maximum number of repair bots that are effective is 4. You can put more repair bots on the ship and in some conditions, it might be desirable. If you lose one or more bots, as long as you have at least 4, you will get the maximum probability of a component being repaired on a given turn.

Repair bots can repair other repair bots. And I have observed this numerous times.

Repair bots cannot repair sheilds. Sean felt this would be too much sugar for a nickel. A ship could just keep on rebuilding itself.

Fusion

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:09 pm

(...just wanted to post a post to keep this thread alive, as I think it's really cool...)
Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.

Aaedien

Post by Aaedien » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:41 pm

I want to see that Defend Politician bug fixed.

You know, the one where when it goes off the map, you lose?

Eit eis le suckh.

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:54 am

thats not actually a bug, so u have to win before that happens
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

ichbinsehselber

Post by ichbinsehselber » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:00 pm

@ umeboshi110 - this is intentional? I thought, that for "Attack Politician" you must kill it before it leaves the map. So it would be logical for "Defend Politician", that you have to defend the politician until it leaves the map!

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:55 pm

Maybe not intended, but the point of the mission is to have the shuttle alive and happy in the sector when the mission ends.

Aaedien

Post by Aaedien » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:25 am

TheKangaroo wrote:Maybe not intended, but the point of the mission is to have the shuttle alive and happy in the sector when the mission ends.

I don't think it's very happy when under fire. ;)

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:51 am

so sometimes u cant find the shuttle after destroying all enemy squadrons, meaning its close to the edge. u can just fly around shooting a missile every 30 turns to waste time so the shuttle moves off the map and u win. im pretty sure sean said this was intended
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Conzul

Post by Conzul » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 pm

I have an idea.

I like the way asteroids deter missiles, and can therefore be used to shake missiles off your tail. That adds a strategy element. But what if you were to add 2 new kinds of asteroids for a diversity in strategy? Keep the old ones, and add a new destructible type that's a different color. Add a final type that actually explodes forcefully when hit by a missile, resulting in an area damage effect. Well, the latter might be harder to do, but I like the idea of having "wild card" asteroids. You don't know if they are destructible or not.
Beware pirates bearing gifts!

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Conzul wrote:I have an idea.

I like the way asteroids deter missiles, and can therefore be used to shake missiles off your tail. That adds a strategy element. But what if you were to add 2 new kinds of asteroids for a diversity in strategy? Keep the old ones, and add a new destructible type that's a different color. Add a final type that actually explodes forcefully when hit by a missile, resulting in an area damage effect. Well, the latter might be harder to do, but I like the idea of having "wild card" asteroids. You don't know if they are destructible or not.

Sounds fun if you ask me!
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Empty Hat

Post by Empty Hat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:03 pm

You could overpopulate the fuel depot mission with the exploding kind.

Conzul

Post by Conzul » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:09 pm

I meant the destructible asteroids more seriously. Say if you were hiding behind one and a flock of plectrons was coming at you, you would not know if the asteroid would shield you or blow up and expose you.
Another idea I had would be a "free roam" mode. You could fly around different sectors, meet up with allies, and fight random enemies. In this you should have the ability to stop at a ship factory and repair all parts of your ship. Electing to hyperspace would bring you up to a map where you could choose which sector to hyperspace to. The map could be divided up into 4 quadrants, one for each race. In between there would be nuetral sectors were most of the fighting would be.

Conzul

Post by Conzul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Oh, and we seriously need a "hold fire" command. I have been thinking of several easy changes/additions.
1. "Hold Fire" command
2. Side Firing tubes, allowing for true capitalship battles.
3. Minimizeable mini-map. That thing takes up alot of space IMO. Even make your ship schematic minimizeable.
4. In addition to the money you get, how about a "renown" currency, ala "Silent Hunter III". Sort of like tickets that you earn for amazing actions (multiple kills in a turn, long range missle hit, stuff like that). You could trade these tickets in during a round, at the end of the turn. One "ticket" could spawn some light reinforcements at your location, or perhaps a supply drop with missles/repair packages. Use a ticket for a supply drop, then click on the place on the map that you want the "drop" to appear, and it drops supplies there. A "recon drone" ticket would be cool too. Indestructible, 3 turn duration radar beacon.
Just some stuff that would be easier to accomplish than some of the other ideas I've heard. Oh BTW, I made it to admiral and the top for the first time a couple days ago. It's almost no fun having a ship with 8 supershields perside. But it's fun seeing the look on the enemies' faces, or imagining it XD.

kaycedelson46

Post by kaycedelson46 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks for the information! Great idea! :)
Gonna try this.
Being stressed out and overweight may not be YOUR fault! It's true, a mysterious condition might be to blame. An estimated 70-80% are suffering from this condition, and don't even know it!

http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey/