[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Roll Of Honour Reader - See all the 'hidden' information

Roll Of Honour Reader - See all the 'hidden' information

Command a squadron of spaceships

Roll Of Honour Reader - See all the 'hidden' information

Postby BoxZone_Author » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:41 pm

I've written a simple application to read the RollOfHonour and reveal all the additinoal information that you can't normally see.
You can now discover how many medals you acquired over and above 8.
You can see the information on the top 30 commanders (not just the 13 you see on the spalsh screen of CM).

Its a DOS application, only 32k in size. Download it from (the bottom of)
http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/Othe ... l_Mass.htm

PS: Thanks to Styro for the idea.
BoxZone_Author

Postby BoxZone_Author » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Anybody who is thinking of playing with your RollOfHonour.dat file be very careful, I may have just lost mine. Not from vieweing it, thats harmless (though be smart and only view it when CM isn't running too). I renamed it so I could create a new RollOfHonor.dat file and ensure my app worked with partially empty ROH.dat files. Then I tried to switch back to the original and CM says "Oh, No, Thats not the ROH.dat file I saw last, I'm not playing with that old file".
Ummm. Now if I can't figure out how it knows the old ROH.dat file isn't the latest one I've lost all my lovely scores (well I've still got them but they'll not appear on my CM anymore).
BE WARNED

PS: Sean, Help? (Or laugh at me and say I had it coming, I've three machines and I had to try it all on the same one).
BoxZone_Author

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:03 am

It doesn't work on my computer. I ran it and it says "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:21 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby Legacy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:13 pm

Legacy

Postby Styro » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:43 pm

I have an app written in java that does the same thing. I sent it to Sean to approve and add to his web site but I haven't seen it on the CM page yet or heard back from him. Anyway, I don't have a page to host it but if anyone is interested in trying it because the DOS app above does not work for them or whatever, I can email it to you (it is 19K). There are still a couple of tweaks I am going to be making to it (it does not show rank yet, for example) but it is fully working and can export your pilots out to a text file.
Styro

Postby BoxZone_Author » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:56 pm

Legacy,
I have no objection to you making a Windows ROH viewer.

Styro,
I would be interested in the Java app, please email it to me at
BoxZone_Author

Postby Legacy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:37 pm

What would people like in a windows viewer for the RoH?

So far I've come up with the following:
Plain Text Output(to keep track of your RoH if you want to start over for some reason)

Sort Order(Sort by different attributes)

Printable custom lists of stats(Based on sort order and selection)

Anything else people want to see?

Sorry for hijacking your thread BZA, I like your viewer, but for windows games I want a windows viewer(not to say I don't love DOS with all my heart... yes, DOS, my first love).
Legacy

Postby qwas » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:54 am

Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:48 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby Old Man Johnson » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:04 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Styro » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:45 am

Styro

Postby Old Man Johnson » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:38 pm

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Styro » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:54 pm

Styro

Postby qwas » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:20 am

Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Next

Return to Critical Mass