A limit number of custom ships?

Command a squadron of spaceships
Fuzzy Wonky

A limit number of custom ships?

Post by Fuzzy Wonky » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:08 pm

Am I becoming nut or is there actually a limit number of custom ships one can have in the design box? :?:
Several new designs of mine have again disappeared after I closed the box (I did click OK though!) and I had already lost several of my ships before.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Flying broomsticks isn't always that fun when some stupid sends a pair of Daycorns screaming to your rear". Harry Potter
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- NEITHER FOR NOR AGAINST (quite the reverse!) --
LIFE'S A TRAP. WE WON'T GET OUT OF IT ALIVE!

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:49 pm

Yes, there's a limit of 300 total designs (including the pre-defined ones and separators). I never thought anyone would get close to that limit! I'll try and add some extra space for the next release.

Fuzzy Wonky

Post by Fuzzy Wonky » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:12 pm

I only have 41 of them (including the separators) in the box (I keep a few others + projects + drafts etc. in another specific file) and there are 95 predefined ones (including the separators) + 6 missils. Total number of designs = 142.
I assure you my personal ships aren't all that high end stealth vessels (at least not to the point where they disappear spontaneously :wink:)

"Stealth is health". Shamus Shambles, the undetectable detective
-- NEITHER FOR NOR AGAINST (quite the reverse!) --
LIFE'S A TRAP. WE WON'T GET OUT OF IT ALIVE!

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:57 pm

You know, that has actually happened to me too. I only have like 20-30 custom ships including separators.
My webcomic:

Thegreatnick

Re: A limit number of custom ships?

Post by Thegreatnick » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:41 pm

Fuzzy Wonky wrote:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Flying broomsticks isn't always that fun when some stupid sends a pair of Daycorns screaming to your rear". Harry Potter

How wonderfully surreal.
Last edited by Thegreatnick on Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thegreatnick is here!
Lesser Nicks beware.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:24 am

I have also noticed the loss of new ships after 39 ships and 2 seperators.

I can create new ships, but they don't save.