[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Witness something cool? post it here!

Witness something cool? post it here!

Command a squadron of spaceships

Witness something cool? post it here!

Postby Quorad » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:06 pm

I almost got hit by missles and it was scary, plectrons everywhere!!!!
OMG it was horrible.
I can't believe I survived. And I got them really good too.
I like to fire those long range ones at the begining at static defenses, and I fire plectrons at on-coming squadrons at an angle so they are spread out and I like it when i use a heathen to swerve and dodge everything.
Really fun
Quorad

Postby TheKangaroo » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:00 pm

I like getting enemy missiles to hit their own defences, I'm not too successful on that, though.
TheKangaroo

Postby Legacy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:04 am

It was just me and my Stinger, a medium-light assault ship/dogfighter. My wingmates had been blown to hell, ejected, or warped. The friendly wing had been decimated. An enemy wing remained, or most of it. Dodging a wall of Plectrons, I drove in towards a larger, more heavily armed enemy ship who had just fired the sum of its working launchers. The rest of his wing followed, and even though I was out of missiles after firing the last two into the ship in front of me, my engines and repair drones were fuctioning and I veered off as another barrage of missiles flew by. One struck me and i lost all but one command point, but the others hit the enemy wing leader a moment after he fired a missile that struck and damaged another of his friends. I saw their hyperspace engines kick in and managed to avoid any further damage until the mission ended.
Legacy

Postby Quorad » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:36 pm

Nice one Legacy! I would love a screenie if that is possible. I bet that was pretty scary though.
I haven't encountered that yet though. Nice job on that one.
By the way Legacy, what scenario was that you played?
日本語がわかる。
Quorad

Postby Legacy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:55 pm

It was some kind of ambush mission or maybe an assault, it was early on, so I was using a ship that was limited in the arsenal department in favor of speed. Of course, I usually end up using those ships for myself until I die, because I find little pleasure in using the "tanks."
Legacy

Would this work?

Postby Guanchao » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:00 am

I live, I fight, I survive, It's all good.
Guanchao

Postby McLauren » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:46 am

I was doing a mission completely by myself because if I cant have my own stealth ships as my wingmen, I dont get anything. Luckily it was only a patrol mission. I was flying straight in stealth destroyer. Then I saw the enemy squad heading straight for me. They have no idea im there and im pointed straight at the wingleader, an Eagle. So I ready 4 plectrons and ram them down his throat. He explodes and the other ships scatter. and break to go for them I fire one daycorn at the rear of a drone, he doesnt have time to eject and blows up. Then I make a u-turn and go for the other 2 ships. Turns ot they ran into each other and were sitting there thrying to regain their oreintatation so I readied another spread of plectrons. They both had 2 turns left before hyperspace. I clicked en-dturn and destroyed them both in that turn! No one ejected, no one escaped! A whole squad eliminated without ever seeing an enemy ship. I had a 100% hit ratio and I got a gold cross. It was like a professional assasination or something. It was so sweet!
McLauren

Postby Quorad » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:11 pm

日本語がわかる。
Quorad

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:08 am

My 200 mission commander had so many credits that he bought himself a ship that costs 422 and then bought 4 Warriors. But I'm just boasting. Sorry.

Anyway, what happened was that I took on 3 Warriors at the same time and won! It was sweet. I used like 20 Plectrons though.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Return to Critical Mass