I kill lots of warriors.

Command a squadron of spaceships
Quorad

I kill lots of warriors.

Post by Quorad » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:27 pm

I am really good at this game. I have a custom mission that puts you and about 6 other squadrons against 8 squadrons, 2 starbases with turrets, 1 factories with turrets, and that other thing with turrets.(Maybe radar base?)

I killed 5 warriors during that mission! It is soo hard to beat.
But I had 4 other attempts and lost 3 commanders to the enemy warriors. I ran head-on with one and couldn't get out of the way in time :cry: :cry:

I only got 12 credits from winning it. Total nonsense.
日本語がわかる。

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:50 pm

Warriors are pretty easy with a high end ship as long as you don't have to fight like 4 at once (this happened to me on an Attack Enemy Home Planet mission). All you really have to do is get in a good 4 plectron salvo to the side (destroys most internal components) and then finish them off.
My webcomic:

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:55 am

really I think that if you are playing custom missions you cant really say you are a good player. When I play custom missions I get loads of gold crosses, while i have only gotten two in the same campaign without using custom missions.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:27 am

I made a custom mission just for fun called "get a gold cross". What it is is stranded Warriors in an asteroid field. Just choose a Hornet, Eagle, or Phantom and rack up those Gold Crosses! Of course, this is technically cheating, as the credits earned are unfair.
My webcomic:

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:25 am

So is that how people get those scores with 15+ gold crosses, by using custom missions? I never play custom missions and my most gold crosses with one commander is three.

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:39 pm

i do that too, but not for the records. in fact i alwasys delete my list of dead commanders. it is a very good way to test out new expensive ships and later missions. of course, it takes a while

EDIT: i finally joined the board!!

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:48 pm

My record is not much higher than 3 or 5 for Gold Crosses. Of course, I only have one custom mission and it is more likely to kill me than give me crosses as it is an early on war kind of deal with the good guys way outnumbered.

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:24 am

i get a loads of gold crosses "mid-game" with ships with 3 missile bays and plectrons and daycorns without using any custom missions

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:51 pm

I never use custom missions for actual commanders. It's completely a bad idea. the only reason to do it would be to brag on these boards (which is very, very sad). All my commanders with huge amounts of Gold Crosses earned them using stock missions. It just takes a very long time and a lot of luck.
My webcomic:

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:39 pm

Basically, you get gold crosses by killing an expensive pile of ships, whilst flying a cheap one yourself. Of course, this is dangerous, but as long as you keep ejecting in good time you're going to get one sooner or later if your ship is cheap enough...

The disadvantage of this tactic is that having a cheap ship means that you're less likely to complete your objective. Another is that your wingmen probably have more expensive ships, and thus more missiles with which to kill you...

Fuzzy Wonky

Post by Fuzzy Wonky » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:05 pm

Old Man Johnson wrote:I never use custom missions for actual commanders. It's completely a bad idea. the only reason to do it would be to brag on these boards (which is very, very sad). All my commanders with huge amounts of Gold Crosses earned them using stock missions.

Well, I do use custom missions (presently 28 of them) for actual commanders (actually I have no other kind of commander). Otherwise what would be the use of custom missions? Isn't a game meant to be played? OMJ, once you've tested a newly designed custom mission (with a "non-actual" commander, I suppose, which thing I never do), what do you do with it?
I know comparing commanders is a true temptation but it gets pretty hard as soon as you design custom missions. As for bragging, I don't mind (most of my custom missions are much more difficult than standard ones anyway).
Last edited by Fuzzy Wonky on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-- NEITHER FOR NOR AGAINST (quite the reverse!) --
LIFE'S A TRAP. WE WON'T GET OUT OF IT ALIVE!

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:40 am

Well, I think I misspoke here; I should have pointed out I meant custom missions designed to give your commanders Gold Crosses or money or other such things. As for using realistically designed misions...I don't have enough skill to balance it properly. I keep making missions that kill me. :( I'm just too lazy to fix them. Oh well.
My webcomic: