[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Command a squadron of spaceships

Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Postby Fighter_Ace » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

I was just randomly thinking (Yeah, totally out there as always :P ) Ok here are my ideas:

- Maybe there could be a suicide bot that acted just like a ship but it chased a target until impact or shot down. It could be really cheap and all but was like a one time use ship.

- Possibly some kind of mine? I absolutely hate having a more maneuverable ship right on my @$$ the whole game and me never getting any kills! Also there could be really cool missions where you have to enter a base through a minefield. I really hate having my base totally toasted by yatari missiles at my expense and being almost defenceless because of my idiot turrets. Besides, if this type of war were real, there would be mines necessary for defence at times.

- Also, there should be some type of turret for large, heavy, bomber ships. Doesn't that just sound so cool? Maybe it could have a slow firing rate or somthing so as not to make the ship too hard to take out.
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby TheKangaroo » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:36 am

I once thought about a kind of missile which could be controlled just like a starship, too; like the idea. But just to add something to the list: right now I'm thinking about a missile not exploding but working as a scanner. (It just goes straight like a plectron pretty fast and shows you all ships it passes in some certain distance).
TheKangaroo

Postby Alex » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:51 pm

C'mon, network play would be amazing. But that would be a whole lot of work, so I guess it's unlikely.

Improve the routines for the AI flying past asteroids, and deciding when to shoot. I mean, an AI craft with a Plectron is just sad...

The ability to make a "Custom Campaign". Wouldn't take much, just a string of (say) up to 20 missions, in order, with custom text between them. It would get a bit more involved if you could select alternatives, mission A if you win but mission B if you lose... it still ought to be possible, though.

Make it easier to share ships, missions, scores, and anything new like campaigns or formations.

And finally, a menu of "options". Alternative rules, for example enabling some kind of "scout missle" like TheKangaroo mentioned, or a Mine missile... they'd change the game to radically to include normally, I'd have thought, but it would be nice to have the choice. T'would be easy enough to show all "Alternative" entries in a different colour on the scoreboard.
Alex

Postby Fighter_Ace » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:01 pm

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby TheKangaroo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:34 pm

Well, I don't know how complicated that would be technically, but concerning the gameplay I could imagine every player would have a set amount of time for his turn. Like you got 10 seconds for planning your maneuver and then all players' turns are executed at once.
TheKangaroo

Postby BoxZone_Author » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:54 pm

I would like to see an improvement in the formation option.
Presently we have
Wedge - An angle of about 140 degrees
Line - An angle of 180 degrees
Column - All in a row (0 degrees)
Something about 80 or 90 (similar to when you pick your ships) would be very uesful for 'defend the ...' missions by protecting them inside an accute wedge.

Or even an option to form a closed loop that you could put the 'protect the ...' target inside.

All too often I discover the enemy fleet has found the target I'm supposed to be defending when it goes BANG :(
BoxZone_Author

Postby Fighter_Ace » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:15 pm

I hear ya. That always seems to happen to me, too.

P.S. Nice to see you on the forums again, BZA!
Fighter_Ace

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:50 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Quorad » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:56 pm

日本語がわかる。
Quorad

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:08 am

BoxZone_Author

Postby ima_gnu » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:26 am

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

army

Postby socks » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:06 pm

socks

Postby Old Man Johnson » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:31 am

Uh...well, I was thinking it could be like a built-in thing. Like, it automatically submits them to a central server or something. I mean, your idea is great, but...uh...

Ok, I don't even know what I'm saying right now. Ignore me.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Fighter_Ace » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:41 am

Fighter_Ace

Postby Old Man Johnson » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:44 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Next

Return to Critical Mass