Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Command a squadron of spaceships
shrike

Post by shrike » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:39 am

The idea of a large warship would also be made more viable if on, lets call them "capital" class ships, missiles fired directly from the side the missile tube was on, as opposed to the direction the ship was facing.

It would be awesome to see two capital ships like that broadside each other.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Only by adding this class, we can have a lot of new mission.
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:16 am

shrike wrote:The idea of a large warship would also be made more viable if on, lets call them "capital" class ships, missiles fired directly from the side the missile tube was on, as opposed to the direction the ship was facing.

And have extremely fortified starbases and defensive turrets that could fire in any direction...
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:45 am

Legacy wrote:
shrike wrote:The idea of a large warship would also be made more viable if on, lets call them "capital" class ships, missiles fired directly from the side the missile tube was on, as opposed to the direction the ship was facing.

And have extremely fortified starbases and defensive turrets that could fire in any direction...

extremly fortified starbase whit defend system ok, but turret, they are ok as they are.
Last edited by the space predator on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39 pm

I wouldn't mind a new class of ultra-heavy turrets. Call them defensive stations or something.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Legacy wrote:I wouldn't mind a new class of ultra-heavy turrets. Call them defensive stations or something.

I prefer that

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 am

Tell me what you would like these ultra turrets to look like?

One option I have is to modify the existing turrets so they are much much harder to kill. Lets say they have 6 missile launchers, beefed up radar to detect ships with lots of stealth, and tons of shields.

DarJones

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:55 am

Fusion_power wrote:Tell me what you would like these ultra turrets to look like?

One option I have is to modify the existing turrets so they are much much harder to kill. Lets say they have 6 missile launchers, beefed up radar to detect ships with lots of stealth, and tons of shields.

DarJones

The big thing would be, if a cruiser class of ship allowed directional firing, to make a turret that couldn't be sneaked up on, and instead would require a toe to toe slugfest or many glancing attack passes with guided missiles to wear them down without getting fragged.

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:59 am

I just put 2 radars per side on the super turrets and played a few rounds. WOW does it ever change the dynamics of the game. I am flying a super stealth ship that is virtually invisible to normal turrets. now the super turrets can see me and do their best to blast me out of space.

DarJones

shrike

Post by shrike » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:42 pm

One of the keys to any of these "ultra heavies" being viable is having a vastly expanded payload capacity. 45 missiles is likely to simply not be enough for ships/stations/turrets that can deliver and absorb that degree of punishment.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:32 pm

shrike wrote:One of the keys to any of these "ultra heavies" being viable is having a vastly expanded payload capacity. 45 missiles is likely to simply not be enough for ships/stations/turrets that can deliver and absorb that degree of punishment.

45 missile minimum.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:06 am

the space predator wrote:
shrike wrote:One of the keys to any of these "ultra heavies" being viable is having a vastly expanded payload capacity. 45 missiles is likely to simply not be enough for ships/stations/turrets that can deliver and absorb that degree of punishment.

45 missile minimum.

Aye, often I've resorted to simply drawing the fire of turrets in order to deplete them of missiles before finishing them off. Sometimes, I've even managed to use their missiles to kill other enemy units once I've run out of my own, but the AI is pretty good about not shooting when it's facing one of its own(you know, except the AI when it's controlling our wingmates, who seem to have a fetish for friendly fire).

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:20 am

So, super turret need a better AI

shrike

Post by shrike » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:26 am

It would be nice if there was an option that allowed you to play the game while in full control of your entire squad, rather than just your ship.

Of course, the current, traditional playstyle should be retained if desired as well.

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:38 pm

oh yeah, the entire squad! it's turn by turn, so, it will be possible.