Query?

Command a squadron of spaceships
sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:53 pm

n-drx wrote:my cm tester was intended to test any ship, not necessarily the most expensive ones! and I'm making it only available to proven ship makers!
(actually, the current version doesn't allow to directy select the ships, but I'm working on this... :roll:)

ima_gnu, you simply don't need your 425 credits ship at the moment, this is why it's not available... :wink:
ima_gnu wrote:So I'd just like to paly that ship and see how it feels.
how does it feel having a ship more powerful than the enemy does? :? I don't think it would be so much fun...
i really reccomend trying n-drx software so far they work pertty good
and for CM it works fine so far i've been able to test most(75%) of my ships i've made now without having to play a long time to get enough cash so it allows me to evaluate how well i made them before i would
release them to fighter-aces CM site...

i dont need to make perfect ships cuase you can always make
cannon fodder for your wingmen but i can look better at
what i am doing for sure...

THANKS!
if you run..you'll only die tired

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:41 am

New question - when you change a vertex height does that mean it shades as if the vertex was closer to the screen? Eg a vertex with height of 50 would be physically higher than a vertex with a height of 15 if you were looking at the ship with a side view - right?
I poop, therefore I am.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:46 am

That's how I understand and apply it.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:00 pm

ima_gnu wrote:New question - when you change a vertex height does that mean it shades as if the vertex was closer to the screen? Eg a vertex with height of 50 would be physically higher than a vertex with a height of 15 if you were looking at the ship with a side view - right?
Yes, that's right.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:39 pm

ok cool thanks :D
I poop, therefore I am.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:24 am

Quorad wrote:
ima_gnu wrote:rofl, the most expensive ship I made is like 425. Crap.
Just create a script that plays CM for you and get loads of credits before you start.
That's how I test my ships.
If there is multiplayer I will go against you with my squadron :wink:
You got it man. Now that I've had a bit more practice designing ships I have come up with some pretty lethal ships. I actually created two series along with a bunch of singles :D

The Phlek series is three VERY small physically ships with average capabilites.

The Cruiser Series (oo how original :P) is four ships priced at 157 to 436. One of them is the Stealth Cruiser..its all black except obviously for the engines and cockpit, and it has 15 stealth nodes. Which means I can rearend any ship in the game without getting caught! :twisted:
I poop, therefore I am.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:58 am

I was going through my old ships, adding the shading cuz I didnt do that to start with, and it appears as though there is a limit of how many triangles you can use to make a ship? Can anyone clarify that?
I poop, therefore I am.

Fuzzy Wonky

Post by Fuzzy Wonky » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:20 am

Right, there's a limit. I noticed that also.
-- NEITHER FOR NOR AGAINST (quite the reverse!) --
LIFE'S A TRAP. WE WON'T GET OUT OF IT ALIVE!

Steve!

Post by Steve! » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:35 pm

31 pairs of triangles.

Bob Janova

Post by Bob Janova » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:28 pm

I think I remember reading somewhere that no more than 12 stealths make a difference? I might be making that up though.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:24 pm

Go right to the bottom of this page and it shows the stealth vs radar effect up to just about as many stealths and radars you can put on a ship.

I have my own question - if one ship with four radars pointed at you cannot see you by itself, can the radar of other ships overlap with it? eg say one super watcher cant see you, what it there is like six super watchers lined up pointed at you, can they see you then? Cuz sometimes I KNOW the ship cant see me, theres no way, and I havent been near a ship with high radar. I know I havent been spotted, and they shoot at me anyways.
I poop, therefore I am.

Fuzzy Wonky

Post by Fuzzy Wonky » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:51 pm

May be they can smell you... :wink: You shouldn't be so often(*), pooping man! :lol: :lol:
(*) at least while flying, uh?
Last edited by Fuzzy Wonky on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- NEITHER FOR NOR AGAINST (quite the reverse!) --
LIFE'S A TRAP. WE WON'T GET OUT OF IT ALIVE!

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:09 pm

Fuzzy Wonky wrote:May be they can smell you... :wink: You shouldn't be so often, pooping man! :lol: :lol:
know how long it took me to decipher the yoda reference to my sig? I got it, just now, rofl. I have another question!

Sometimes, my ship spawns MILES away from where its supposed to. My whole squadron is where they are supposed to me, but theres a big gap in the center where I'm supposed to be - and usually I spawn right inthe middle of an ENEMY formation. Right next to the leader. I'm still pointed the same way as my squad, but it takes the 15+ turns to get to me...and I have to fight the whole enemy force for that long! Any ideas?
I poop, therefore I am.