Grr.

Command a squadron of spaceships
Bob Janova

Grr.

Post by Bob Janova » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:48 pm

Don't you hate it when you end up with two enemies stuck up against your right side, and you just know that if you could eject out of the left, you'd be fine ... but all your escape pod does is shields the ship from the first missile :evil: .

And another thing. Turrets. They're damn dangerous, whichever side they are nominally on. Another of my commanders, flying a Falcon or something with no rear defences, was chasing an enemy through one of our turret rings ... you can guess the rest. They were even Drachans; didn't stop those turret commanders getting a 100% hit ratio on me :? .

Oh, yes, and hello :) . New to the forums, although I've played CM (and the other games) for a while.

socks

Post by socks » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:47 pm

all the danger is good though. theres a lot of risk in this game, even if you have a high point ship you can still get trounced!

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Re: Grr.

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:36 am

Bob Janova wrote:Oh, yes, and hello :) . New to the forums, although I've played CM (and the other games) for a while.

Welcome to the forums bro! Ahh... and Sean O Conner's forums grow once again!

P.S. Socks, you better not have made that ship, the one in your avatar, in CM ship designer! Please tell me that you just pasted in that image! Oh please!!!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

socks

Post by socks » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:14 am

hehe yeah i made it - it should be available on rthe custom ship page soon with a few others in my 'hundred years of flight' series - it includes:

albatross, spitfire, mosquito, lightning, harrier, nimrod, f15 (as shown), f22 etc

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:37 pm

Impressive, socks. Would it be possible you'd make real-world spacecraft for CM in another series, too? I mean like Mercury capsule and Space Shuttle and the likes?

socks

Post by socks » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:55 pm

sure - i like designing with this system, its fun.

i can have a go at recreating any ship - but as sean is very busy, it may not be on the site for a while.

a seperate custom ship site would really be good if someone could be bothered to administer it.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:09 pm

socks wrote:a seperate custom ship site would really be good if someone could be bothered to administer it.

I post my own at
http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/Othe ... l_Mass.htm[/url]
Someone else was posting anybodies at
http://www.geocities.com/fighter_ace_bomb/cm_game/cm_share.htm but I think they may have had PC problems.