laying minefields

Command a squadron of spaceships
socks

laying minefields

Post by socks » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:42 pm

i saw a topic earlier in which someone said they thought mines would be a cool addition - as a result of 4 glasses of wine and my cat walking backwards over my keyboard, a silly yet effective method of laying mines was revealed to me. It is a crude but suprisingly effective wall of death!

And something to do when your bored of conventional methods of destruction.

and heres how - fly backwards at a slow speed - release a few plecktorns - if you have your speed just right, you can release the missiles so they are just about static in space - voila! try creating a dense line or a two deep line. Then sit back and prepare to take your place on the gold medal podium!

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:28 am

You can make Yataris fly backwards by flying backwards and firing them, causing them to run out of fuel before overcoming your negative momentum. They won't hit anything, though; they'll go right through things. I'm not sure why.
My webcomic:

socks

Post by socks » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:16 pm

maybe the warhead diffuses when the gas runs out

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:20 pm

probably just a game bug as they werent meant for that function...
if you run..you'll only die tired

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:07 pm

socks wrote:maybe the warhead diffuses when the gas runs out

You can't kill yourself with one of your own missiles. That was a bit of code I put in to make sure you could never fire a missile and it would explode as it was leaving your ship because it was too close to you.

But, other ships ought to be able to run into a stationary missile and they should explode.

Andy

Re: laying minefields

Post by Andy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:13 am

socks wrote:...as a result of 4 glasses of wine and my cat walking backwards over my keyboard...

id love to see a video of a cat walking backwards, its a thought that amuses me, especially if the result was a minefield laid for you. incidentally, was it you or the cat drinking the wine???
________
full melt hash
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:52 am

I think it has more to do with the missiles going backwards maybe? Missiles without fuel still hit things if they go forward. Then again I may be remembering things wrong...
My webcomic:

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:41 pm

They usually do. Well, I don't know about the game mechanics, but as for the reason you could argue that the missiles have no triggers on their rear ends.