Ideal changes for next update

Command a squadron of spaceships
Garnier

Ideal changes for next update

Post by Garnier » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:06 pm

Networking is the single most important! There are tons of smaller things that we have ideas for that aren't nearly as important. I personally dont think gameplay needs any changes. I dont want more different ship components and shields for one thing. Maybe a smaller cost jump when you add a new type of missile to a custom ship. Say 1 or 2. :) I want to be more free with my missile choices.

I am dreaming though of a 3 on 3 network battle sort of thing. Imagine, everyone with their own squadron, made up with their own custom ships, in a huge dogfight.... ahhh!

Any thoughts?

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:14 pm

I have a thought. You said no changes to gameplay...I for one throw out a TON of ordinance...and if too many other people do too, nothing happens. I think thats one thing that should be altered, we need to be able to fire more missiles collectively across the sector per turn. I think. :D
I poop, therefore I am.

Steve!

Post by Steve! » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm

Networking is most important. Cooperative as well as competitive. It would be great to have wingmen, who won't blow me to bits.

And yes, the missile limit need to go right up! I had to scrap my massive fleet war mission i made, because I just couldn't fire missiles.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:40 pm

What I want to see most is an increase to the present limit of 39 custom ships.
You can create more, but when you save only 39 are saved :(

I personally have well over this number of my own ships so I have to pick and choose which ones to include when I start a game. (Basically I retire older designs and end up sometimes having to pick standard design death-traps for my wingmen when I would rather they had custom designs).

Sean has said it should be more than 39 ... but alas it isn't.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:02 am

I think it would be nice to be able to put custom ships in custom missions. Also nice would be to show all the medals earned, even above 8. ("Like Gold Cross x10" or something)
My webcomic:

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:06 am

Mission #35 - Rank of Admiral attained. I think it takes 30 sucessess
Mission #335 - Still Admiral :shock:

My point...I think there should be another rank or maybe two to be available.

After 100 successess, Grand Admiral.

After 250.....EMPEROR!!!!
I poop, therefore I am.

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:10 pm

Yeah I overlooked most of those. But they really arent a change to how the game works, they are just stretching the limits.

I do want:
A few better ranks when you do really well
A few extremely-hard-to-get medals for when you kill a ton of good ships but cant get better than a GC
Bigger missile limit(or none at all?)
Bigger custom ship limit

What i dont want is more types of missiles, ship components, stuff like that. I like the simple look and feel of the game as it is.

qwas

Post by qwas » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:24 pm

ima_gnu wrote:Mission #35 - Rank of Admiral attained. I think it takes 30 sucessess
Mission #335 - Still Admiral :shock:

My point...I think there should be another rank or maybe two to be available.

After 100 successess, Grand Admiral.

After 250.....EMPEROR!!!!

The Emperor doesnt fly in missions. he controls the empire.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

socks

Post by socks » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:54 pm

personally there are three changes i wouldnt mind seeing in the next version

1. multiplayer
2. some more expansion to the game, ie when one gets to the later stage of the game, when your ship is maxed out. the motivation to play is somewhat dimished when youve built the best possible ship, and all your doing is increasing your wingmen, which in turn means they are more likely to take kills off you. ideally i would like a trading element to the game where we can transport cargo around and build up money to take more expensive cargos and make more money etc
3. 3d gaming (or is that a dirty word round these parts hehe)

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:22 pm

socks wrote:3. 3d gaming (or is that a dirty word round these parts hehe)

very, VERY dirty!!

No I dont want any more graphics for this game.

qwas

Post by qwas » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:19 pm

Suprisingly enough CM is already 3d
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:17 pm

ish
I poop, therefore I am.

Scuffer

Post by Scuffer » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:27 pm

I'd love to have to have option of retiring my commander so he can be on the role of honour without having to kill him.
Coming up to 350 missions and 1600 kills, having to create stupid missions to provide a challenge, I think he has served his country well and could do with putting his feet up.
________
buy vaporizer
Last edited by Scuffer on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jingo

Post by Jingo » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:44 pm

Definately multiplayer. I had several friends and I who took turns playing CM v3 comment how it would be awesome with multiplayer and they would definately buy it w/ multiplayer.

I think the missle limitation can be solved by allowing ships to rearm. Allow ammo dumps that if you rest on top of (or near by), say for a turn, each turn you get back a certain number of missles. But even ammo dumps can be used up. Maybe they have 100 missles per rearming ship / ammo dump. That would be cool. Fun objectives to try and destroy too.

I would like a separation between a freeplay and campaign mode. In freeplay you pick any ship to play and any mission. That would be useful and fun for those of us who don't want to work past 30+ missions just to fly a cool ship we've designed. I for one had a blast in version 3 of CM designing my own missions and flying my own ships. I think more freedom in this area is a must.

Second the campaign mode is great as it is. But I think a star map where you picked what airspace to invade / defend would be cool too. That would make it more dynamic.

love the game, keep it up.

Bob Janova

Post by Bob Janova » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:12 pm

I like the idea of being able to choose where to fight in the mighty Galactic Wars or whatever is going on. At the minute the game kind of runs out of content when you reach mission 100 or so: you are the highest level in the game (Admiral), you've played all the missions, you have tried all the ships. It makes sense that an Admiral would have some say in the strategic decisions anyway, wouldn't it?

A free choice mode would be very nice when designing ships and missions. It's very annoying to complete 30 missions, try a ship and discover that it really ought to have had more shields/more turn capacity/more command centres/whatever and then you might not have died ... and it's even worse with designing missions, if you make them a little too hard!

And I would love, love, love multiplayer CM!