[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Wingmen and Allies

Wingmen and Allies

Command a squadron of spaceships

Wingmen and Allies

Postby drwhite7 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:42 am

Ally ships can be really annoying. Having too many friendly ships can get really frustrating a lot. They get in your way, get hit by your missiles to lower your medal, hit you with missiles a lot, fire at you at some of the stupidest times, and most of all STEAL YOUR KILLS. I was just playing and in 4 missions, ships on my side stole a shark, baracuda, anaconda, dreadnought, and many lower ships. That commander ended up with no gold crosses :( . He would have had a few if not for those stolen kills.

The dreadnought was the most annoying. I had chased him around for over half the mission and pelted him with missiles until he finally ejected, which seemed to ensure a high level kill for me. I launched a couple of yataris at it, but they failed to destroy it. No matter. I would destroy it in a couple of turns when my missile bays reloaded. However, just when I was about to launch a few more yataris to finish him off, along came a single geenee, out of nowhere it seemed, that destroyed the dreadnought. It turned out to be from a friendly squadron's scout. I got an Outstanding Courage that mission. If I had killed the dreadnought, I would have had a gold cross. I was quite pissed about that.

Anyway, one thing that annoys me about wingmen are that they have to hyperspace once you leave (get killed, eject, hyperspace). Once I was playing some seek an destroy mission and took a lot of damage and had to eject. There was only one small enemy ship left (it had been chasing me and forced me to eject) while all three of my wingmen were still in good condition with lots of missiles left. They could have gone an destroyed the rest of the targets, but no, they went and hyperspace resulting in a failed mission. That was annoying. I kind of think this shoul d be changed, but then maybe this is just like a strategic part of the game. What do you guys think? And what do you guys think about wingmen and ally squadrons in general?
drwhite7

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:06 pm

TheKangaroo

Return to Critical Mass