[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Questions about Medals

Questions about Medals

Command a squadron of spaceships

Questions about Medals

Postby drwhite7 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:48 pm

drwhite7

Postby drwhite7 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:11 am

drwhite7

Postby Old Man Johnson » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:22 am

I don't know about promotions, but I think it's based off only your kills and mission success/failure. Obviously, killing enemies adds to your score and killing allies subtracts; I think the subtraction is far greater than the addition. I believe civilians and turrets add to your score, but are worth far less than fighter ships (and turrets more than civilians). Mission success matters a lot; it's very hard to get a GC without being victorious.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby drwhite7 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:05 am

OK
drwhite7

Postby umeboshi110 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:30 am

i think medals are based on value of your ship, value of ships killed, with non-fighters worth much less than fighters, accuracy, and missiles fired.
if u have 100% hit ratio with about six missiles and fighter kills that add up to more than double your ship, u should get a gold cross
umeboshi110

Postby BoxZone_Author » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:29 pm

From personal experience.
Medal is affected by
Number of enemy kills and the worth of their ships.
The less your ship is worth the more likely you are to get a good medal (i.e. it's the ratio between the worth of your ship and the worth of the ships you kill that matters).
Civilian kills are only worth a little (but do count)
Turrets are not worth as much as they shold be (given how hard they are to kill and how dangerous they are).
Killing your own side (ships or civilians) is bad.
Success is [b]very[\b] important (I've got a GC from a failed mission but I killed a LOT of ships and I think I've only done so once).
Ejecting is not so good (but I've still got GCs from mission I eject from)
Hyperspacing may be slightly less bad for your medals than ejecting (I prefer to fly off in a corner somewhere and wait it out if I can).
BoxZone_Author

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:19 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Garnier » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:32 pm

Garnier

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:36 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby supercubedude » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:54 pm

Don't worry! I can replace your intestines with this kitten!
supercubedude

Postby Garnier » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:05 pm

Garnier

Postby Bob Janova » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:16 pm

Bob Janova

Postby Fighter_Ace » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:31 am

Same for me. Man, do you even play the game?!
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:27 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Fighter_Ace » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:13 am

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Next

Return to Critical Mass