The General and Vista

A boardgame of intense bluffing
Chilly

The General and Vista

Post by Chilly » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:02 am

This is such an obvious problem, I can't believe no one else has responded to this (other than reinstall). With the newest version of the General, if you do not take the flag from the computer, you will lose. If you try to take all of the computer pieces, the game will lock up and tell you that it is your turn. It has been well over a month that I first noticed this problem. I was really hoping that Sean would respond to one of my messages. Does no one else play the General anymore? Sean, please look into this. Thanks.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:25 am

I'm having trouble recreating that bug here! Could you do me a favour and just before you kill the last enemy piece Exit the game and then email me the file "SavedGame.dat". Then restart the game, kill the last piece and see if you get the problem and I'll make the same move here.

I've tried killing all of the opponent's pieces and it tells me that I've won the game as it should so I wonder if there's something you're doing that I'm missing.

And have you definitely got the latest version 4.0a ?

Leon

Post by Leon » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:01 am

BTW, this is a bug i have had very often with my version 3.5 of General

It is not so bothersome because once you have taken off all the opponent's pieces, you KNOW you have won. As wins are not counted, it does not matter whether you get the win screen or not.
Intelligence is a tool to fight the forces of evil.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:37 am

Does it happen every time you kill all the opponent's pieces or just sometimes?