Startups

A boardgame of intense bluffing
clear33765

Startups

Post by clear33765 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:42 pm

After looking through the various startups, I've noticed there are some that the computer never uses. It seems like the computer uses a much more shorter list to choose from. Is there any way to get the computer to use a broader variation of startups?

The computer does pick from this list right?

Is there any way to add more startups? Or is this list only finite and I can only change the existing ones?

clear33765

Post by clear33765 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:23 pm

Never mind. I've figured out that you can import/export and create new startups in addition to the list that comes with the game. I don't care much for the startups that came with the game so I'm creating a complete list of new startups to see how well the computer plays with new choices.

I find there are too many startups with the flag surrounded by bombs and seargents. It is always too easy to recognize.

Is there anyone else who created a bunch of startups they would like to share? Either as an individual export or as a complete startup.dat?

I plan on making a complete new startups.dat with 50 of my own setups. I will share when I'm done if anyone is interested.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:03 pm

I made a load of startups that I thought Sean made available for download.
I discovered it was too easy to recognise the startups from the bomb positions so I made two or three variations of each startup (nearly all other pieces in the same place) with just the flag moved about. That makes it much harder to 'recognise' the startup.