Page 1 of 1
The General for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 am
I've released a version for iPhones and iPod Touches which you can see here:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 14488&mt=8
Let me know what you think!
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 am
Just installed on my iPhone.
Very nice work.
1) Very nice looking layout. Very sharp.
2) Game play is very similar to the Windows version.
3) Easy to control.
Now the places I see for room for improvement:
1) Please restore the options that the Windows and Windows Mobile has, such as being able to see moved pieces, bombs go away when struck, Assassin only kills Genera (or not), and especially the ability to flip a layout. I usually play the Windows version with Sure Win layout, but flipped.
2) Restore the ability to select animation speed. It's way too slow.
3) To be able to save custom layouts would be nice, but not mandatory.
Thanks for a good rendition. I'm really looking forward to an update.
I'll reserve placing a review on the iTunes App Store until then.
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:39 am
The good news is that The General is now the game I play the most on my iPhone.
The bad news is that the game I used to play the most was Slay... Looks like you're your own biggest competition!
This a truly a fantastic start and I can't wait to see updates with some of the things suggested above, as well as on itunes reviews. A multiplayer version would be awesome!
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
I'll try and add all those features that you get in the Windows version to the next iPhone release. I'm so short on time that I thought I'd get the basic game out and then come back to it when I've got some spare time.
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:19 am
RE: Latest version for IPhone (Feb 2010):
Assassin only kills the General works backward. Switch has to be off to make it "on".
Setups don't save as advertised. Tried to modify "Sure Win" and then surrenderd game. When I started new game, it went back to the default setup.
Other new improvements great...just need to fix these as they really affect gameplay.
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:57 am
Sorry about those bugs - bit slack of me there to let them get through. I've got a fix and I'll send it off to the AppStore (but they normally take over a week to approve it
Captured Pieces Bug?
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 am
The pieces I captured from the opponent are shown in order of descending rank and all pieces of the same rank are grouped together.
However, after playing a starting position more than once, the pieces which the game captured from me are shown in a disorganized way, which makes it harder for me to compare my situation against the opponent.
Anyone having the same problem? Using version 1.21 for iPhone.
Re: The General for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:39 pm
Are there any plans for an iPhone update of this title? Some [hopeful] updates include:
(1) iPhone 5 support
(2) Wins / Loses record
(3) New sound effects
(4) Additional pieces of artwork for the pieces
(5) A single player mode where certain scenarios must be completed
(6) iPad support?
(7) A history of Stratego information section
I think this game is terrific and the AI is considerably better than past "official" versions of Stratego for the computer.