Game hanging

A boardgame of intense bluffing
scrumble

Game hanging

Post by scrumble » Fri May 27, 2005 9:19 pm

I'm having a bit of a problem with this game. I'm running it on a Acer N35, and the game itself runs fine. But for some reason after a couple of games it seems to hang.

It doesn't do it mid game. When I turn the game off, it won't restart. If I go to "running programs", and try to stop it there, it gives me the 'end task' option, but its still in the list regardless of how many times I do it.

The only way to shift it is a hard reset.

It also does it with Conquest.

I was on the verge of paying for the full game, but if it does this all the time I doubt I will. Unless, of course, its some clever system to stop people continually playing the demo :)

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:24 am

The older version of PocketGeneral could hang when you restarted if there was a piece flying off the board but I've not had any other reports since releasing version 2.1 and no reports of PocketConquest hanging.

Son Johan

Post by Son Johan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:05 pm

Try chasing the last piece in The bunker (no bombs removed) into a corner without exit and nothing else to do but attack superiour pieces (I chased it back into a bomb hole: 2 bombs and a general to chose from...

flag - 7 - bomb
bomb - bomb - nothing
7 - 7 - bomb
bomb - bomb - 5 - 2
free - free - void
*sigh* Humans...