Game hangs (another case)

A boardgame of intense bluffing
Markie

Game hangs (another case)

Post by Markie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:04 pm

I have run into this problem on three occasions, I think. If the last moveable playing piece of the opponent is backed into a corner and must move back & forth between the same squares more than twice, the game hangs. The game engine refuses to concede defeat, but none of the playing pieces can be moved at all. The only way to un-lock the game state is to surrender, but you have already won!

Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a cure?

TIA
MJA
...just another nervous wreck...

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:43 pm

It's a known bug and it's been discussed before on the forum.
There is no bug-fix yet. By being aware of it you can avoid it happening (unless you too are down to your last piece)

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed May 03, 2006 8:47 pm

Very good. I checked for past posts, but apparently didn't look far enough back.
Thanx!

Markie

Still no bugfix for this????

Post by Markie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:12 am

OK, this is getting REALLY frustrating! This time, the AI's last playing piece backed itself into a corner between two of it's own bombs. There was plenty of space for it to move away from this area, but it chose to lock itself in, and then the game froze up again.

I'm really getting tired of having to delete the game stats, etc. in order to 'recover' from this bug...

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:27 pm

I thought I had that fixed in the latest version. If it happens could you send me the game data file and I'll try and recreate it here?

What version are you running BTW?

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:23 pm

Sorry Sean - I'm currently running 3.2. I checked the bug-fix list for the newer releases but didn't find this in there - so I haven't updated my version yet.

I will go ahead and update to the latest version and see if I can recreate the problem.

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:17 am

Oh, yes - the latest version is SO much better - now the View Rules screen is COMPLETELY greyed-out so that I cannot make any changes! Is ther an upgrade required to regain this functionality?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:47 pm

Markie wrote:Oh, yes - the latest version is SO much better - now the View Rules screen is COMPLETELY greyed-out so that I cannot make any changes! Is ther an upgrade required to regain this functionality?

It sounds like you have just downloaded the latest demo version!

Send me an email to sean@windowsgames.co.uk and I'll send you the link for the latest full version