Curious about the AI

Defeat your enemies and conquer the world
Steve!

Curious about the AI

Post by Steve! » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:33 pm

I havn't got the full version of MOAB, so I wasn't able to check this out myself.

I was just curious about the AI and how it reacts to user modification to the pieces. For example: The AI knows to build subs to attack battleships, as they excel agaisnt them, but if the player put the sub build time up to 100 days (or whatever is possible :) ) and then churned out battleships, would the AI waste its time trying hopelessly to build some subs?

I assume it would...

mrkorb

Post by mrkorb » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:19 am

From what I've seen it doesn't. For example, I play with transports disabled and I only use paras to move about. I've noticed that while I build paras like crazy and invade islands with a swarm of them, my AI opponents seem to only throw 1 or 2 of them at me while clogging their cities with armys, of which I only build 3 at each and sleep them there for defense. I also have battleships set for 32 days (the max allowed), and destroyers at 8, and there is always an early battleship out by the AI while I just swarm it with my destroyers and chase it back to port to heal up.
MoAB player since 1995

ChubbyJJFong

Post by ChubbyJJFong » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:50 pm

The computers AI is cowardly and should be changed.
For example, a computer sub will always run away from a destroyer, which is fine, except when it can attack a battleship. It should be programmed to attack the battleship more than run from the destroyer.

If you have a sub, destroyer and a battleship right next to each other the computer will basically not attack you!!!!!! The destroyer comes up and then gets freaked out by the battleship and wont attack the sub. The sub comes up to attack the battleship, but then runs away because of the destroyer. Ditto for the battleship!!!!! The computer could have killed your whole fleet, but doesn't!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think Sean?

the space predator

Post by the space predator » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:41 pm

it's stupid...
I need to write something, so i create that signature.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Yes, it doesn't adjust itself if you change the rules. I added the feature to let people change the settings to suit their playing style but I only thought you'd tweak things a bit away from the default setting. I never considered that people might adjust them that much!