[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Rats Review

Rats Review

Kill all of the rats before they mate

Rats Review

Postby UrAvgAzn » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:52 am

Hey guys! This is my first post here, and I just wanted to say how long I've been enjoying Sean's games ('bout 3 or 4 years). So I'm writing a very brief review on Rats! Here I go!

Rats. Or should I say Rats! Its a very good game, very entertaining, and very easy to use. I think anyone would be able to understand the game at first sight without even checking out the 'Help' page. The game concept is very unique, and would be even better with a story. Something along the lines of 'Exterminating Services, coming to your house today!' or something. Well, maybe not that one, it was kinda lame. :wink: The entertainingness (is that a word) of it comes from the variety of tools you can use. That always gives you a creative way to win, whether it be a plague rat infestation, or a series of poison gas hallways. Rats is also very original, I don't think I've seen any other game like it. So here are my overall ratings:

Graphics: 7.5/10 - Well, they're not grand. But nice 2D, simple, it gets the job done. I like these kind of graphics. I swear I would have not liked the game as much if it were 3D.
Sound: 6/10 - Alright. So I confess, I haven't played this game in a while. I don't really remember if there were background music. But the sound effects (the bomb, radiation, etc.) really were memorable. While they're not great, they're also okay.
Gameplay: 9/10 - Awesome. Nothing else to say. Just plain awesome.
Lasting Appeal: 9/10 - Bunches of levels, and scores to beat, this never gets old.

Hope you liked it, and I hope I like it here!

Keep posting,
The leaf, still green, must someday fall.
Such grief, such joy, to live at all.

-T.A. Barron
UrAvgAzn

Return to Rats!