dino speed

Five-a-side dinosaur football
holg3r

dino speed

Post by holg3r » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:22 am

One thing I keep wondering abut is the dinos' speed. When running without the ball, they generally all seem to run at the same speed. And when running with the ball, they all get a little slower, of course. But my dino often gets a lot slower and is easily caught when running for the opponents' endzone whereas their ball-carrying dinos are only slightly slower than my dinos chasing them and way too often reach my endzone without being caught. Do you experience the same?

A second observation re. speed: As I understood, there is no function to give your dino a brief boost -- but my opposing dinos occasionally seem to do just that when they realize they have abandoned one of their flanks and in a hectic move manage to close it... Weird.

Kingswood

Post by Kingswood » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:42 pm

if u run at angle, with the ball, you run slightly faster and will take more time for the opponent to catch you. the trade off however is that it will take longer to reach the end zone then if you were running in a straight line.

Arius

Post by Arius » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:03 am

Speeds don't really change across the teams. The way the field is shown, running across the long diagonal may seem faster than the short, but they are actually the same length.

Still, it seems more difficult to catch dinos going "upfield", that is across the shorter diagonal. My dinos seem to lose more goals there.