Lag?

Five-a-side dinosaur football
Quitch

Lag?

Post by Quitch » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Anything changed in the latest version of Football-o-sarus. Computers at work (Christmas period!) which used to be able to run it (P4 1.7Ghz, 128-256MB RAM, 8MB Vanta) now move with unbelivable lag... it used to be dead smooth.

I was wondering if anything has been changed which might cause this to happen, or if something in Windows XP or Service Pack 2 (I believe we were running Windows 2000 last time) might have caused this?

qwas

Re: Lag?

Post by qwas » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:10 am

Quitch wrote:Anything changed in the latest version of Football-o-sarus. Computers at work (Christmas period!) which used to be able to run it (P4 1.7Ghz, 128-256MB RAM, 8MB Vanta) now move with unbelivable lag... it used to be dead smooth.

I was wondering if anything has been changed which might cause this to happen, or if something in Windows XP or Service Pack 2 (I believe we were running Windows 2000 last time) might have caused this?

I am running SP2 Windows XP and I have no problems.f
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:58 am

Yes, I changed the program to use a Windows clock rather than an interrupt every timer tick. What this means is that slower computers may struggle with the game but the game will now no longer use 100% processor time which was draining laptop batteries and causing other problems.

Take a look at your screen settings and if they are set to 32bit or 24bit colour try turning them down a notch, or make sure you have the latest video card drivers for them. A 1.7Ghz computer easily has enough power to run the game smoothly so I'd suspect it's the graphics card that's slowing things down.