[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Team defence

Team defence

Five-a-side dinosaur football

Team defence

Postby GM » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:13 pm

Hi,

Generally, I am enjoying this game...however, it is getting VERY frustrating to watch my teammates become absolute BONEHEADS on defence. Example... my teammate will be guarding an opponent in or near the end zone. Meanwhile, I will be around midfield, in pursuit of the ball-carrier on their team....EASILY able to catch that ball-carrier. But then the IDIOT teammate of mine will wander out towards the guy with the ball and leave the guy he WAS guarding all by himself in the endzone. This happens over and over again....VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

So, ok, I figure I guess I am going to have to be the one that stays back in the endzone all the time playing defence. But then the other team will just send two guys into the endzone, and my teammate playing defence on the second guy will just do the same old thing and forget he is guarding someone and go straight for the ball. I can't cover everybody!! Very annoying.

Also, it seems to me my teammates play much poorer when up against the better teams. Against a poor team they make very smart passes. But against a good team, they either get over center and then just heave it up, throwing it directly to an opponent, or...as soon as I cross center (and I am completely covered by a defender), they will throw me the ball when I don't want it. And I can't get out of catching it and getting tackled. I'm just trying to get open, but my teammates insist on trying to throw me the ball too quickly, while I am fully covered and I don't yet want the ball. Inevitably, I get tackled, they get an odd-man advantage, and they score. All the more reason for me to stay back and play defence all the time I guess, and just hope my teammates do all the scoring.

Anyways, generally it's an ok game...but it would sure be nice if I could get some smarter teammates who don't repeat the same mistakes over and over again!!!!
GM

Postby Raistlin » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:09 pm

Raistlin

Postby Quitch » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:17 pm

Quitch

Postby Raistlin » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:23 pm

Raistlin

Postby GM » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:54 pm

GM

Postby Quitch » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:01 am

Quitch

Postby Raistlin » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:00 am