Team defence

Five-a-side dinosaur football
Zarni

Re: Cheating

Post by Zarni » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:30 am

sab wrote:Oh, P-L-E-A-S-E.....

I've played the game at least 200 times. I'm not saying that the game isn't fun, it is. However, beating it has nothing to do with "learning" the AI. It does however, have everything to do with whether or not the computer decides to cheat or not during that particular game.

200 times!!!! Oh wow, that'd be about 40 seasons then? Trust me, that's not much....

Sean's said it - the game doesn't cheat. I assume there must be a certain random element in the AI so that the game is not totally boring and predictible every time, if you believe that a randomiser has the capacity to cheat, then I guess you're one of those people who blames a bad beat in poker on cheating, or thinks a game is rigged every time you roll a dice and a 1 comes up.... suck it up and enjoy the variety, rather than making baseless claims...

P.S. Sean, how about an update? Will you come back to developing this game at some stage?

sab

Post by sab » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:17 am

When a computer causes your team to play poorly so that it will win, that's called CHEATING.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:20 pm

I don't think the computer does that. But the tactics (formation) sometimes has a huge impact on the team's overall performance. Maybe an unfortunate decision in that department keeps making your team look rather poor.

Zarni

Post by Zarni » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:25 pm

sab wrote:When a computer causes your team to play poorly so that it will win, that's called CHEATING.

A bad workman blames his tools....

sab

Post by sab » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 pm

Don't be ignorant. The computer doesn't win games by being better than you. Instead, it wins games by making YOUR team stupid.

Zarni

Post by Zarni » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:51 am

sab wrote:Don't be ignorant. The computer doesn't win games by being better than you. Instead, it wins games by making YOUR team stupid.

Ignorant? I think in your case the computer wins by taking advantage of your mistakes... I'd challenge you to a match, but you'd probably claim that I rigged the teams beforehand and not take your defeat with good grace.

Arius

Post by Arius » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Ok, relax y'all.

Sab, computer doesn't cheat. Yes, sometimes the AI makes donkey mistakes, but opposing teams do them too. Sometimes it makes phenomenal plays, sometimes it sucks. Sometimes it is simply bad luck when ur guy catches a ball, and is instantly tackled by a dino near him.

As such, it is hard to have a game where you win to 0, but as long as you play well you should be winning most of the time.

Your own team is actually pretty good, about on par with the 1st league guys. The one and only difference is YOU. What you do has a great impact on the game. All in all, the AI behavior is pretty predictable and if you play enough you will see patterns.

As for the deal with the weak defense, trust me, the opposing AI does the same thing, I cannot recall how many times I got easy scores because of it.