Can't play network game

Five-a-side dinosaur football
jason_zanini

Can't play network game

Post by jason_zanini » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:40 pm

For some reason whenever I try to play a game of football-o-saurus against my friend by connecting to his server, I keep getting a windows socket error suggesting "maybe there is a firewall blocking my connection". I am running trend micro internet security pro. How do I allow football to play across the internet behind a firewall?

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:48 pm

There should be an option to open ports somewhere in your firewall software. Football-o-saurus uses port #4876 according to the in-game help file. So if you open that port it should be fine.

kevinjose356

Post by kevinjose356 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:44 am

I think still there aren't any option as you stated but maybe in near future there will be something like that !

nikkil

Re: Can't play network game

Post by nikkil » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:17 pm

jason_zanini wrote:For some reason whenever I try to play a game of football-o-saurus against my friend by connecting to his server, I keep getting a windows socket error suggesting "maybe there is a firewall blocking my connection". I am running trend micro internet security pro. How do I allow football to play across the internet behind a firewall?
If you want an easy way here, turn of bot Windows and Trend Micro firewall here and surely, you're good to go.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image

fos

Re: Can't play network game

Post by fos » Mon May 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Thanks for the post!
Addicted to football o saurus! Read my blog: http://football-o-saurus.blogspot.co.uk/