[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Easiest/Hardest formations and player pacings

Easiest/Hardest formations and player pacings

Five-a-side dinosaur football

Easiest/Hardest formations and player pacings

Postby Zarni » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:19 am

Hi There,

Just a curiousity question - what formations and positions do people generally prefer to play? My preferred and best performed is now playing 1-1-3, and playing as the right winger. Second would probably be 1-2-2, playing the right back (great attacking overlap opportunities with this!).

For those wanting a challenge, try and win playing 3-1-1 as the centre forward. I managed to stay competitive in Div1 playing this formation, but could never crack the win of the division with this system (got 2nd a number of times though...)

Anyone come up with another formation that is particularly easy/hard to win with?

R.
Zarni

Postby Miami-Ace » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:16 am

I have a lot of success using a 3-1-1 formation. I routinely score on the same play in 13 or 14 seconds.
Here's how: On the tossup of the ball, if my team's point man is able to get the ball on a tackle, it's a very high-percentage chance that I'll quickly score. The player I control (on the bottom-left of the formation) then sweeps up to the top of the screen and then heads straight toward the goal along the top sideline.
The computer defenders don't pick up this move coming from the bottom-rear of the formation.
As I emerge from the pack, my man with the ball will throw to me and a two-on-one break for the goal occurs: One of my men will already be driving toward the goal at the top of the screen. Because of the tackle on the tossup, that first teammate at the top will be pushing the sole defender back. As I approach the goal, that sole defender rushes forward, and I throw to my teammate who is now alone in the goal zone.
I'm a happy player of Sean's games -- his use of AI is great.
Miami-Ace

Postby Zarni » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:33 am

I've used the same trick many a time, you can do a similar move with the 1-1-3 formation running what is essentially a "slant" path.

I took on playing the CF to see how I could go at winning the kickoff positions - finally managed to win using 3-1-1 in CF position, winning as the right back is much simpler though... :)

Anyone got any other challenging setups?

R.
Zarni

Hours more playing time!

Postby Ralphy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:32 pm

Ralphy

Postby GM » Fri May 06, 2005 5:29 pm

I use the 1-1-3 almost all the time, with two exceptions. I always play against the Mammoths and Jurassic Steel in a 1-3-1. I just find I need to play back and play a bit more patient and safe against these two teams. Each of the teams definitely have a different style. I find in general these two teams are the toughest to beat however. The Steels seem to be the fastest team, and are able to pass the ball almost immediately after receiving it. With the Mammoths, they seem to have a knack for getting downfield and in a better position better than most.

Against teams that are fairly inept offensively (Morning Fire comes to mind) a 1-1-3 works much better however, to apply constant pressure. A team like this poses almost no threat to my defense, so no need to sit back in a more defensive scheme.

(edit) In the 1-1-3 I play as the right forward. In the 1-3-1 I play as the right midfielder.
GM

Postby Quitch » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:17 am

I avoid any formation with a 3 in it, I find it leaves you too open in a different position. Any formation with 2 at the front is to be avoided as well as you won't win the opening ball against someone with 1 or 3 at the front.

I like to play 2-2-1. It gives me reasonable defence, good passing, and I play the front and make the chances.
Quitch

Postby holg3r » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:16 am

holg3r

Postby drwhite7 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:02 pm

drwhite7

Postby Arius » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:01 am

My formation is the 1-3-1

I have had good success with this one, playing as right winger. That position seems to be most conducive to performing master plays (see my post Winning Tips to see what i mean).
Arius

Postby harrisonford861 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:29 am

harrison ford
harrisonford861

Return to Football-o-saurus