Online/Network Games

Five-a-side dinosaur football
Zarni

Online/Network Games

Post by Zarni » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:46 am

Has anyone played around much with network games? just trying to get a feel about how it works both as a LAN game and also over the internet. What sort of speeds/latency are required for a decent Internet game? Also, would anyone be interested in some sort of online community that could be set up for online games of this? I'd love to try and run some sort of online competition if anyone else is interested and the performance is adequate. Priv Msg me with your email address if you're interested and we'll have a go at setting something up.

R.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:58 am

I think some type of online gaming would be great.

Zarni

Post by Zarni » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:47 am

While I know it would affect the profitability of the game, I'd like to suggest that future versions only require the "server" for a network game to have a fully licensed copy of the game. Other players can use the demo version to connect to the server, but I think the game itself (particularly as a network/online game) it it's best advertisement, and I for one have been really frustrated that I can't try out network gaming without individual licenses for every player. Particularly as I'm not totally keen to pay out additional licenses for a product where the development cycle is not clear.