Fixture list broken

Five-a-side dinosaur football
Bob Janova

Fixture list broken

Post by Bob Janova » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:26 pm

I've suspected this for a while, but today I have incontrovertible proof that the fixtures the AI teams play are screwed up!

Obviously it should be impossible for two teams in the same division to win every game, since they should play each other!

Also, sometimes a team will manage to score -1 goals in a game.

Edit: today a team managed to score -2!

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:21 pm

If you watch the games you'll notice it doesn't work like that, teams often play each other several times while other teams never meet.

axel

Post by axel » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:54 pm

The -1 and -2 goals scored issue is a bug, I believe. The other issue looks like a bug, but apparently isn't. Or rather, the bug is that other teams can play each other more than once in a season.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:10 am

axel wrote:The -1 and -2 goals scored issue is a bug, I believe. The other issue looks like a bug, but apparently isn't. Or rather, the bug is that other teams can play each other more than once in a season.

I'll get the negative goals scored fixed in the next version!

holg3r

Post by holg3r » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Sean O'Connor wrote:I'll get the negative goals scored fixed in the next version!

Hi Sean,

I bought and downloaded Football-o-saurus last month. Apparently, the negative results haven't been fixed, yet. Are you planning on releasing an updated version some time soon?

Also, as has been discussed earlier within this topic, the other teams do not play against each other exactly once. (I've even noticed two teams meet three times during the same season.) I'm not sure whether this is a bug or whether you actually intended to program it this way, but I find it rather frustrating -- particularly when my two strongest opponents for championship never meet each other which gives them a clear advantage over me... Is there a chance, you'll change this fixture list setup?

In any case, a fun game! Thanks,
Holger