To buy or not to buy?

Conquer the island
Leebish

To buy or not to buy?

Post by Leebish » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi all,

After playing the demo for hours on end i'm keen to buy the full game, however i often play it both at work AND at home, obviously this is no problem for the demo version but i imagine i can't do this for the full version.

Also i would like people's honest opinion on whether the ?13.00 fee is worth it, as good a game as it is.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Legacy

Re: To buy or not to buy?

Post by Legacy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Leebish wrote:Hi all,

After playing the demo for hours on end i'm keen to buy the full game, however i often play it both at work AND at home, obviously this is no problem for the demo version but i imagine i can't do this for the full version.

Also i would like people's honest opinion on whether the ?13.00 fee is worth it, as good a game as it is.

Thanks in advance

Lee

With the exception of Critical Mass(Which uses the registry to prevent tampering with the record keeping), all of Sean's games work perfectly fine if you install them on a USB Jump Drive, from which they can be run on any machine, though you'll only have the start menu shortcuts by default on the machine where you ran the installer.

I've got several different versions of certain games, collected over the last few years I've been playing Sean's games, and I run most of them from one of these drives.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Leebish

Post by Leebish » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks Legacy - appreciated.

Lee

krysis

Post by krysis » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:57 am

To be honest I spent a few weeks pondering whether the 13 pounds is worth it or not for the full game. I also spent plenty of time playing the free demo and simply loved it!

I evetually decided to buy it, and I haven't looked back.

160 maps per section (on map size) with 4 sections, so 640 different maps with a few useful tweeks (the demo is Slay 3.3 and the full game is now version 5.0).

I don't have a problem with spending 13 pounds (which is a lot to me) on a game of this quality and sheer fun!

Keep it up Sean!!

pinkeye

you should buy it

Post by pinkeye » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:59 pm

im not sure how much 13 pounds is in USD, but it cost $20 for me and I bought the game several years ago and ive played it nearly once a day since. its great when your computer is frozen up, it still works and relieves stress. ive never spent such a small amount for that many hours of entertainment before.

malairt

Beware!

Post by malairt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:07 pm

It's utterly addictive. Most fun from a game I've ever had, barring Dawn of War (4 years) and Total Annihilation (6 years)