[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - New halftrack mod - M16

New halftrack mod - M16

Real time World War II combat simulation

New halftrack mod - M16

Postby Knut » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Hey guys, I created an M16 AA halftrack for the Americans. The M16 was like the M3 halftrack, only with a Maxson Mount in the bed. The Maxson Mount was an electrically traversed open mounting for 4 .50 M2 MGs. It was intended for low-level AA support, but due to the relative lack of german air power, was also used frequently in the ground support role.

Over 3000 were produced, and they were used almost exclusively in Europe. The crew consisted of a driver, commander, gunner, and two loaders, and it carried 5000 rounds of ammo.

Oh, and it's a total trip to see it in action! It puts out crazy firepower and sounds awesome, too! Oddly, it has the same point value as the M3A1 halftrack.

------------------------------------------------

Name=M16 Halftrack
FullName=M16 Halftrack
Description1=4 HMG
Description2=An armoured anti-aircraft half-track
Description3=
Nationality=American

Length=445
Width=210
Height=199

ArmourHullFront=15@90
ArmourHullSide=9@90
ArmourHullRear=9@90
ArmourHullBottom=8
ArmourSuperFront=15@90
ArmourSuperSide=9@90
ArmourSuperRear=9@90
ArmourSuperTop=8
ArmourTurretFront=
ArmourTurretSide=
ArmourTurretRear=
ArmourTurretTop=

MaximumSpeedRoad=50
MaximumSpeedRough=20
TurnOnSpot=no

HasTurret=yes

Crew=WEAPON_NONE, 0, no, 0, 0
Crew=WEAPON_HMG, 0, yes, 1250, 0

GraphicsHull=car_halftrack.bmp
GraphicsHullMask=car_halftrack_mask.bmp
GraphicsTurret=tank_tk_turret.bmp
GraphicsTurretMask=tank_tk_turret_mask.bmp
GraphicsTurretPixelsForward=-2
GraphicsPicture=picture_halftrack.bmp

Commonness1939Q1=0
Commonness1939Q2=0
Commonness1939Q3=0
Commonness1939Q4=0
Commonness1940Q1=0
Commonness1940Q2=0
Commonness1940Q3=0
Commonness1940Q4=0
Commonness1941Q1=0
Commonness1941Q2=0
Commonness1941Q3=0
Commonness1941Q4=0
Commonness1942Q1=0
Commonness1942Q2=0
Commonness1942Q3=0
Commonness1942Q4=0
Commonness1943Q1=0
Commonness1943Q2=0
Commonness1943Q3=200
Commonness1943Q4=200
Commonness1944Q1=200
Commonness1944Q2=200
Commonness1944Q3=200
Commonness1944Q4=200
Commonness1945Q1=200
Commonness1945Q2=200
Knut

Postby T2K » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:17 am

OK, that is damn cool! Haven't tried it in game but I will.

However, in the game this thing would be invulnerable to infantry when, in reality, it's an open top, lightly armored vehicle that grenades and small arms could successfuly engage at close range.

With 4 HMG's, in the game it could easily defeat 100 infantrymen even though they were at point blank range.
T2K

M16 halftrack

Postby JeanBoule » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby Knut » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 pm

Knut

Re: M16 halftrack

Postby Knut » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Knut

Halftrack mods not working

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 am

Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

British-SAS-Jeep flies and fires!

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:44 am

Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby StateRoute170 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:24 pm

cool,so you just selected graphics from the regular m3 and put different weapons and stats.Thats cool,i might make my own version of a churchill tank...
StateRoute170

Postby Knut » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:20 pm

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, Jean. I see that your SAS jeep works? Maybe you should just go to the data folder, then tanks, then go up to File - New - Text Document. Then give the file the appropriate name.tx, open it, and paste in one of my mods. I can't really think why else it won't work for you.

If this still doesn't work, just keep my mod open on your desktop, then go in and create a new .txt document just like you did for your SAS jeep, and type out your own version. Or just copy the existing 251 and M3 files in your system, then make the appropriate changes.

As far as your jeep goes, you should make it unarmored, with either a 0 or blank for those fields, since the crew was totally exposed. Also, since the AI registers your jeep as a "tank," enemy infantry will never fire at it, making it indeed invulnerable to all but atgs. All vehicles appearing the same to the AI is just a quirk of the game. I have had the M3 and 251 go right by each other without bothering to shoot each other without me making them, and then of course having no effect, when in reality the .50 cal on the M3 would penetrate the 251's armor at such close range.

Oh, and as an aside, I changed my Bren carrier settings to make it exist for the British and Canadians through the end of 1944, as they were used then.
Knut

Postby StateRoute170 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:17 am

StateRoute170

Re: British-SAS-Jeep flies and fires!

Postby Knut » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Knut

Testing the US M16 Halftrack

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:18 am

I have played as the USA and had a couple of M16 Halftracks. They did seem to beat down the enemy better than HMGs which have all those issues of control we have talked about. I will publish the results later if you wish.

I decided I needed to know what it was like on the receiving end. I removed all american tanks except the M16 from the tanks folder. This forces the AI to have only M16s. Then I played germans defending against americans. The germans had panzerfausts. Actually my soldiers did not get slaughtered, but they were mostly suppressed which allowed a tank rush to get to the objective. The panzerfausts got a couple, but the sheer numbers of M16s won the day.

I replayed and this time gave myself anti-tank guns. This shows the result.

(edit: it worked in the preview. Try here:
http://www.angelfire.com/mech/inf0/scrin/34v5.jpg
Hmmm I cant get it to light up. I have HTML OFF and cant find where to turn it on).
the plumes of smoke along the hedge line are the M16s brewed up by the anti-tank guns, one at bottom left and one in the centre just under "mission over".

Result Victory in 15min. me 3kia,3wia,38survived out of 44.
americans 48k,12w,42s / 102. 12 afvs lost
the enemy's 48 kia would be mostly from the M16s, which have a crew of 5.

I played again after moving Shermans back into the tanks folder. The AI did not choose to use M16s. They used 3 Shermans. They won by shooting out the antitank guns before their rush.[url][/url][url][/url]
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Tryin to show you a pic

Postby JeanBoule » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:54 am

Angelfire doesn't want me to link to it for some reason.

Let's try Facebook.

well? NFG! try the URL

sorry!
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Return to Firefight