Hi!

Real time World War II combat simulation
sizzleBomber

Hi!

Post by sizzleBomber » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Well, i just got the Firefight demo, and i love it so much! But, im not old enough to buy it an my parents don't like buying things over the internet. So i was wondering if firefight is available in shops 'cos its the only way i would be able to get it.

Also, does the full version include a map maker or is it an update that Sean is making? Im the creative type and have already drawn up plans for a map.

T2K

Post by T2K » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:13 am

It doesn't have a map maker, but it does have a random map generator as well as parameters for the type of terrain (desert, hills, forest, jungle, etc).

I don't believe it's available in stores. And it is a damn cool game, tell your parents to get with the program and buy it.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Indeed none of the games are available in stores, mostly I guess, because selling them in stores would require making CDs and boxes and what-not, which is not only more risky (if you make a million CDs and it doesn't sell you're stuck with a million CDs) but also would exponentially increase administration work, which is why all 'major' game productions need a publisher. In my opinion the games wouldn't be as great as they are if a publisher was interfering all the while.
Okay, enough on that...

I perfectly understand that there's people who don't trust buying stuff online, it gets you in trouble easy enough. Yet I think that so far Sean found a solution for everyone who might have had any trouble with the billing agency he's working with. (And what better can you get than a guarantee of somebody you don't even know? Just kidding...) If there's anything specific your parents are concerned with I'm sure sending Sean an e-mail discussing the matter will solve any issues. (The address is sean@windowsgames.co.uk, reply might take a while)

P.S.: Don't forget to try the other demos, too. That All-the-games-package pays off as soon as you like two of them.

StateRoute170

Post by StateRoute170 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:03 am

hmmmmm...,i have the same problem,but i just need a way to pay with cash online.

JeanBoule

Dur Fromage

Post by JeanBoule » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:01 am

Stat and Siz, Welcome to Firefight World .

That's too bad about your olds attitude to buying on the net.

get them to send an email (see my profile) possibly they can be reassured.

Kangaroo is quite right about all the overhead involved if a game is marketed in stores. I could go on for ages but there is a parallel with blockbuster movies. They all come out very similar because when producers have to spend mega$$ on advertising, they can't take the commercial risk of it failing, so they don't make it very different from the other blockbusters.

I hope you get it soon. cheers.
Voila du boudin!

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:34 pm

IT seems to that sean is a regular dude.I dont think he can pay for a comercial,well maybe he can,but if you sell it to the stores you are set.In fact the stores would be stuck with millions of CDs,not sean.