[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Wish List

Wish List

Real time World War II combat simulation

Postby Knut » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Knut

Postby StateRoute170 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:59 pm

StateRoute170

Postby Knut » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 am

Knut

How much artillery?

Postby JeanBoule » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Actually, this is one aspect of Firefight which is quite inflexible, to the best of my knowledge. You have no choice about artillery. The enemy always has it , and you always have it. Of course if you want to set yourself an extra level of difficulty, you dont have to use your artillery. You can rest assured that the enemy will use his/hers.

Which in some cases is not historically accurate. In the case of regular troops fighting guerrillas, the guerrillas would be unlikely to have artillery or it might be a lot less effective. On the other hand, the history books tell us that by 1945, the russians had way, way more than the germans.

To get this thread on topic, I wish that I had a flexible choice about artillery as I do with other arms, that is, that I could elect to have fewer troops or tanks, and more artillery rounds to fire, or vice versa. I wish that I could have more HE and less smoke, or vice versa. Oh, and I wish I could have both smoke and HE in the same salvo or fire mission.

If the game included World War One, I would want gas shells too, but I wont ask just yet.

I like to check what each of my subunits did at the end of a game, like how many enemy they killed. I wish to know how many enemy the artillery knocked off. As it is I have to estimate by subtraction, assuming the total - subunits score = artillery score.

Getting a good result with your artillery is one of the harder aspects of this game.
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby StateRoute170 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:14 pm

dude,the computer is not a he/she,the computer is a ''it''.
StateRoute170

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:36 pm

Are you perfectly sure on that?
TheKangaroo

Postby StateRoute170 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:54 pm

yea im sure,why are you attracted to your computer?go masturbate or somethin Jesus Christ.
StateRoute170

Postby Legacy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:33 am

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Nomadic » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:18 am

Nomadic

Postby StateRoute170 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:47 pm

StateRoute170

Postby hardfighter » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 am

hardfighter

Postby Whereisdabud » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:40 am

Just wanted to add that maybe a weather system would be good for the game. It could have different wind speeds for every map(not too drastic). Maybe it could have snow and rain etc. I would also like to see night missions maybe? I think that would be pretty fun. Just my thoughts anyway.
Whereisdabud

Postby Whereisdabud » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:06 am

Whereisdabud

Running out of ammo.

Postby JeanBoule » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:21 am

[quote="Whereisdabud"] . . . . when troops run out of ammo, they leave their position to go find more and a majority of the time they go the wrong way to look for it. /quote]

I recently had a game where I had a couple of recce squads running around in small circles in a very strange way. I was defending, and I often use recce squads in defense, because that gives small units I can use as reinforcements for threatened areas ("Wot, like you mean everywhere?" I hear you say).

Anyway, I happened to notice these squads had zero rounds left. This is the first time I have noticed this happening with infantry. Tanks seem to run out of main gun ammo fairly often, but not mg ammo. I have experimented with rifle squads with a low initial ammo level to see what happened when they ran out, but they seemed to conserve it or something.

I did not come to a firm conclusion on what was happening.

This has made me think though. In a deliberate defense, the defending troops might well have a much larger amount of ammo right to hand, whereas the attackers have to carry theirs, and there is a physical limit to how much they can carry.

cheers
Voila du boudin!
JeanBoule

Postby the space predator » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:15 pm

the space predator

PreviousNext

Return to Firefight