Are there...

Real time World War II combat simulation
StateRoute170

Are there...

Post by StateRoute170 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:10 am

Are there nebelwerfers in the game?

Andy

Post by Andy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:53 pm

nah, no katushkas (sp?) either. would be a cool alternative to the arty. would be a bit tricky on graphics tho
________
buy easy vape vaporizer
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:03 pm

it would be nice to have these as on-field artillery.maybe i should send a email to sean about puttin a nebelwerfer and wat ever you said in the next version.

Knut

Post by Knut » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:12 am

Nebelwerfer were typically used to shoot things up to 6,000 meters away. This game is about company-sized units shooting at under 500 meters away.

If they were to be in the game, their place would be as off-screen artillery, as they would never be stationed only a few hundred yards away from the enemy.

Actually, you could just pretend that the already existing artillery are nebelwerfer. You's just need to add a whistling .wav file for the proper sound effect! :D

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:16 am

1.In company of Heroes,they maps are ''smaller'' since you are playing ''SQUAD'' sized engagements.That game has a nebelerfer on the field(and COH is odviously WAY MORE REALISTIC than Firefight).Im just sayin,i would really like if there was an on-screen nebelwerfer that would be used like a mortar.

2.If the nebelwerfer was fired at a very high angle(like in COH)the rockets can still land very close.

Knut

Post by Knut » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:19 am

Ah! Well, you got me there. Seems like that must be a very fun game. I was only pointing out that nebelwerfer batteries were organized at the regiment and higher level, the same as the offscreen artillery in the game. Of course you are right, this is just a game so you could have any weapons you can convince Sean to put in there, or that you can mod yourself. If the nebelwerfer is put onscreen, I suppose that artillery such as 105mm & 150mm howitzers should be there, too.

Also, I have read that it took nebelwerfers about 2 minutes between firings, as the men had to move about 50 yards or so away from the launcher before firing due to the blast, and then it took that long to run back and reload and let the smoke to clear. I suppose you'd better hope you hit what you were aiming at the first time if you had one of those in the game!

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:24 am

Ezekiel wrote:1.In company of Heroes,they maps are ''smaller'' since you are playing ''SQUAD'' sized engagements.That game has a nebelerfer on the field(and COH is odviously WAY MORE REALISTIC than Firefight).Im just sayin,i would really like if there was an on-screen nebelwerfer that would be used like a mortar.

2.If the nebelwerfer was fired at a very high angle(like in COH)the rockets can still land very close.

Optimum firing angle for pretty much any indirect fire weapon is roughly 45 degrees.

In any case, in games like CoH or a few of the MoH games, you are advancing, and the German infantry can pull back faster than trailer towed artillery can. Also, in CoH and MoH, you are usually operating at the spearhead of an advance, which could take fire support positions off guard. Hence them being "in game." Battle lines are anything but static, especially in dubya dubya two.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:55 pm

[Knut wrote] I suppose that artillery such as 105mm & 150mm howitzers should be there, too.

A 105mm was put on sherman tank variant...And since the game has shermans i believe that yes a regular 105mm can be put on screen.Even in COH a regular 105mm is available on screen but like the nebelwerfer it is fired at a very high angle.The 105 was also put in COH:Opposing Fronts on M7 Priests and once again they are fire at a very high angle.So I think the developers of COH saw the short range problem of very heavy weapons.

Now about 155mm,now that would be to heavy and would have to be off -sreen

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Ezekiel wrote:COH is odviously WAY MORE REALISTIC than Firefight).

This is sarcasm, right? COH is much prettier than Firefight but realistic it is not!.

Andy Brown

Erin Henshaw

Post by Erin Henshaw » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:03 pm

hi,i have seen my bros play COH and i have played firefight.Does Firefight have Panzer IVs crashing through walls?or soldiers flying from an explosion or does firefight have a soldier on top to holding a 50 cal?I dont think so.

ALSO,does firefight have soldiers running and duck behind walls while assaulting a position like really soldiers?no.Firefight may have been realistic for its time(some stuff still is) but games like COH are the future.Thats all I have to say.

Sorry you just got stood up by a girl.

P.S.You are just sayin that because you dont have the video card to support it(your video card probably only supports games from the 20th century) so you are hatin on COH.

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:10 pm

THX sis,couldnt have said it better my self.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:37 pm

What is this? The great family reunion? Well, great to see y'all standing as a team, I appreciate some family bonds, but, matter of factly, my machine is more than capable of running current games, besides that isn't much of an argument in the first place. As Andy Brown has pointed out - and surprisingly I perfectly agree with him - all of those things you pointed out being superior in CoH are nothing but visual treats. In Firefight tanks do smash buildings and make full use of all their mounted weaponry. Infantry does run and cover, not perfectly, but convincingly. It just doesn't feature the same fancy visuals for that. You're right that Firefight is realistic in its time, but you fail to realize that its time isn't over yet. Matter of factly I agree with you that games like CoH appear to be the future, but being the future for games doesn't say a thing about the real deal. So... sorry to bust your bubble, but I don't think you 'stood up' anybody. Thanks for stopping by anyway.

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Sorry Kangaroo,but my siblings and cousins are some of the nosiest people.They are very annoying also,so im sorry this feels like a family reunion.

And you are right,the 'stood up' comment was very uneccesary

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:58 am

Ezekiel wrote:Sorry Kangaroo,but my siblings and cousins are some of the nosiest people.They are very annoying also,so im sorry this feels like a family reunion.

And you are right,the 'stood up' comment was very uneccesary

Scary thing is how you all have the same exact writing style, and none of you place spaces between commas and the next word. If I didn't know better...

Nah.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:40 am

Legacy wrote:Scary thing is how you all have the same exact writing style, and none of you place spaces between commas and the next word. If I didn't know better...

You'd say "Let's stop feeding the trolls"? :wink: