[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Kicked out of online play

Kicked out of online play

A boardgame of world domination

Kicked out of online play

Postby ThatGuy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:55 am

I just got the game from a friend 2 days ago (its great by the way, very addictive). I have version 4.0m and play on the public server. Occasionally (always during my turn when im attacking or moving troops) it will come up with an error saying i must upgrade to the latest version of the game. It allows me to reconnect, but when i reconnect its as if im another player, i cant log back in as who i was before (one time i disconnected and reconnected about 5 times and then i did get back on as who i was). I am running macafee firewall on windows XP if that helps. Thanks
ThatGuy

Postby _CRUSH_ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi THATGUY,

I don't know much about online play with Conquest, but since you got the game from a friend - are you sharing their license too ?

I mean, do you both have different games with two different licenses or are you sharing the same one ?

That may have an effect on trying to play online.

I do not know for sure, just trying to help you and myself to figure it out.

Good Luck,

_ CRUSH _

(( logging off for the night - will check back tomorrow ))

_CRUSH_

Postby ThatGuy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:03 pm

no its a seperate liscence he purchased and was emailed to me
ThatGuy

Postby _CRUSH_ » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:23 am

Have you tried changing your LOG IN name - the name you use while playing online ?

I have not played online much so hopefully someone who does can help you now.

If you figure out the problem - please post it here in case others experience the same thing.

GOOD LUCK ThatGuy,

_ CRUSH _

_CRUSH_

Postby ThatGuy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:50 pm

ive changed my login name a few times but it seems the game recognizes something other than your login name when it lists you in the game, as if your log in name has nothing to do with who you actually are. It hasn't been happening as often these past few days, it seems it happens most frequently when i play on the permanent server. I notice now that after it boots me out of play, I log back in (as another player) and when it says 'ThatGuys connection has died' i log out and log back in and then i can play again as me. I'm running this game on a brand new Nforce 680i motherboard with an intel core 2 at 1.8Ghz, 2 gigs of ram and 2 Geforce 6800 Gfx cards on a 15Mbps cable connection. I dont see how this could be me.
ThatGuy

Postby ThatGuy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:45 am

I can now say i have seen this happen to 2 other players both times on the permanent server.
ThatGuy

Postby _CRUSH_ » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:05 pm

Thanks for the updated information THATGUY.

So, has it ever happened when you serve the game yourself ?

_ CRUSH _

_CRUSH_

Postby ThatGuy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:21 pm

i just logged in to post that it has just happened for the first time to another player while i am serving a game when i saw your post asking if it has. so yes, it has now happened to someone while i am serving the game.
ThatGuy

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:35 am

Sean OConnor

Return to Conquest