[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - a port to Mac OS / iPhone? (UPDATE: It's availabe now!)

a port to Mac OS / iPhone? (UPDATE: It's availabe now!)

Conquer the island

a port to Mac OS / iPhone? (UPDATE: It's availabe now!)

Postby AssetBurned » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 am

AssetBurned

iPhone

Postby phillip9 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:41 am

phillip9

Postby dcharles » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 pm

+1 for the iPhone, it is being discussed in another thread here too. Sean, you have several fans who would be willing to help cover the costs of development.
dcharles

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Sorry I haven't replied earlier but I've been working flat out on a port for the iPhone! I'm just a few days away from finishing now and I'll post something here when it's released.
Sean OConnor

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:08 pm

And here's a screenshot:

Sean OConnor

Postby Legacy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:01 pm

I don't do phones, but that's pretty, real pretty... prettier than the PC version! Love the tile textures.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby DJulz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:38 am

That's BEAUTIFUL! And I'm posting this from my iPhone. Any idea when you'll get the kinks out to release a v0.5 to the app store? I assume you'll do a free Lite version as before? I'm so completely psyched!!!
The second this drops, I'm flooding the forums and sites. Now I can safely pack away my Treo 650 permanently! Good job Sean!
DJulz

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 am

It's all ready to go. I'm just having trouble figuring out how to get it to download onto my iPod from my Mac so I can test it for real. Apple don't make this easy :(

I wasn't planning on releasing a "lite" version. Is that the usual way of doing things on an iPhone? I thought people tended to release just a full version but at quite a cheap price. I suppose there's no harm in releasing a one level demo version for free though.
Sean OConnor

Postby DJulz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:10 pm

The free Lite version has proven to be a great Marketing tool in the App Store. Just within my limited group of friends, I've seen multiple jumps from the free to the $5 app due to sampling being available. Heck, I remember that this is what got me to buy the official version of Palmslay too!
The best of luck with this launch.
Hey - one last thing. Maybe you could have a separate forum section for iphone slay feedback.
DJulz

Updates? (We're vibrating with anticipation!!!)

Postby DJulz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Sean,
No need to reply, just wanted to let you know fans of Slay are eagerly awaiting this first entry to the App store.

Also, out of curiousity, did developing this version bring you any closer to having a Mac-based version of Slay?

Thanks and good luck.
DJulz

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:07 pm

I think it should be fairly easy to do a Mac port now as the iPhone version is all in Objective C. I've used some iPhone specific objects so there would need to be a bit of work but now that I'm 95% of the way to a Mac version it would be silly not to go the extra inch.

Give me a bit of time on this as I'll work on other iPhone games next. But each iPhone game I do will mean another Mac game when I get some more free time.
Sean OConnor

Postby Thrak » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 am

Great news that you are nearing completion on the iPhone version of Slay Sean. I have been a big fan of Slay for years, and I keep coming back to it. I had a pocket pc device long ago and played it on that, but it has been some time, and how I have an iPhone.

Anyway, looking forward to playing it on my mobile device once again.
Thrak

Postby Korivak » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:29 pm

Korivak

Postby Thrak » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Ha, ya, I guess "Slay Sean" sounded a little odd. I check the itunes store about everyday waiting for it. How's it going Sean?
Thrak

Postby x0ne » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:14 am

x0ne

Next

Return to Slay